Lipo battery use update. SMC gets ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned to you via email I will need you to get me the voltages of all cells in the pack so I can determine if a cell went bad.
[/QUOTE]
I'll check that this evening.
Sincerely appreciate your responsiveness Danny. Good customer service after the sale is extremely rare these days. ?

Only way we can replace this pack free of charge is if a cell has shorted which means it will be much lower then the others or if only one cell swelled out of the 6 which can happen. If you open up the case and all cells have swelled then this would fall under our crash/damage warranty where we offer you a discount on a replacment pack. If there is only one cell swelled then this falls under a free replacement. Feel free to email me if you need more info.
So checking the cells it appears there is one cell has shorted as you can see on the reading in the attached pic.
IMG_20200117_190253131_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Looks more like a wire came loose internally but they can be difficult to fix. If your total voltage is still nominal that is most likely the culprit. Work it with Dan through official emails. Looks like he is on top of it.

The smc battery company must of went thru and made a bad shipment or supply of themw that were poop cause my 2 both a 3+4 cell in two separate vehicles took a charge then ten minutes in cut out and the case warped and stick peeled off like butter I wish I had a pic

Ain’t gonna lie. This is what scares me the most. Blowing serious cash on lipos and this poop happens. I haven’t been in the game long enough to know what is a good brand to use. I’ve only been exposed to Traxxas, gensacearespammers, lectron pro and now spektrum.

I don’t use the RC’s as much as you guys, so this is another area I’m very green in.

If you're gonna spend serious cash on lipo batteries get Max amps they give you a life time warranty and will replace your batteries.

If you're gonna spend serious cash on lipo batteries get Max amps they give you a life time warranty and will replace your batteries.
Wow. I never knew any company did that. I thought it was a tough poop situation. Thanks for the heads up ?

MaxAmps are known for being really poor performing packs. Like seriously the worst performance out of any brand. Save your money.

Sort of, doesn't appear to be that great in reality.

Lifetime Warranty
During the first year of ownership, MaxAmps will replace any defective LiPo or LiFe battery at no cost. After one year, any defective MaxAmps LiPo or LiFe battery can be exchanged for just 50% of the new pack's list price. Our lifetime warranty is non-transferrable. You must be the original owner to receive warranty coverage. Note that lifetime warranty replacements/exchanges come with a 30-day guarantee only.

MaxAmps are known for being really poor performing packs. Like seriously the worst performance out of any brand. Save your money.

where did you hear that? I’ve never heard that.there have been speed records set with max amp lipos. I have 2 4s and 2 6s max amp batteries going on 3 years with out any problems. I’d rather have a warranty To each there own.

You are absolutely right, It appears people seem to have problems with all lipo battery brands, pick what works well for you. For me I've had problems with Zippy (always seem to puff up) and Turnigy (always get error messages on charger and won't charge anymore) batteries. Right now I'm doing well with Power Hobby and Max amps.

Interesting Thread...

We are "racing" with SMC 90c (4s and 2s) and bashing mostly with RC King (cheap SMC, right…?)

As far as I am concern, and from all our experiences on the track and off the track, they have been pretty good and we had any issue in regard of all possible concerns; puffing, popping, connector, cycle, punch, longevity... (in other words, better than all the other brand that we have/had)
Now, I did not open all the race covers from all other contenders to check what kind of brand they are operating, but from what I saw, heard and chat/talked, SMC is still a popular brand at the track.

Thanks to Dany for the SMC facts, especially for the LVC and the LCO, Lithium Cobalt Oxid, (page 3).

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 51
I use this charger to charge all 10 of my lipos at once in under 15 minutes. It has the xt5000 connector so an adaptor is necessary.........LMAO.
20191218_172149.jpg

This is all just a joke and isn't true, this is a charger for the forklifts at work.

Update:
I've been emailing Danny with SMC and they are sending me a replacement pack for the one i confirmed had a single faulty cell.
I'm glad to find a company that backs up their warranty claims. It's always good for the hobby to have these companies. it's easier to buy when you know if something goes wrong you'll have support. ??
I'll update again once i receive and run the Lipo. ?

Be careful with warranties as companies always have a way out of them. Had a customer buy some 9000-3S packs and a cell shorted and he was told this was due to in proper use and wasn't covered under the warranty. He paid over 200 dollars for this 9000-3S pack and at that time we offered a 9000-3S for 89 dollars and if cell shorted out we would replace it free of charge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back