Lipo battery use update. SMC gets ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This, he is seriously the first vendor that I have seen come here just to make things right with the customer if that doesn't say something about his customer service that apparently "sucks" and that he is willing to stand behind his products then Idk what else to tell ya.
Thought i would share my experience and some of the badass arrmas i have built but one post about a poopy ass batterie company...smc, and so called arrma fans get butthurt..keep buying smc then. Ill just leave the group..what a bunch of
Well you did attack his products on a public forum and did it rather rudely at that. What else did you expect for him to do, just roll over and play dead? Go tell Wendy's on Twitter that their food sucks and see what happens.
Your an idiot..wendys??do they sell 90 dollar cheeseburgers u idiot? No they don't. That was a terrible way to compare it. And yes i did bc they suck. Im not the only one that has had problems with smc..i don't complain about something unless its necessary...100 batteries that ppl don't know about is different than wendys food being no good. Your so petty that that is probably something u would do. Grow a pair..lol..wendys, dollar menu...smc, 100 batteries that can burn my house down...yeah im gonna let ppl know..smh, thats what smc should change their name to come to think about it

Thought i would share my experience and some of the badass arrmas i have built but one post about a poopy ass batterie company...smc, and so called arrma fans get butthurt..keep buying smc then. Ill just leave the group..what a bunch of
Your an idiot..wendys??do they sell 90 dollar cheeseburgers u idiot? No they don't. That was a terrible way to compare it. And yes i did bc they suck. Im not the only one that has had problems with smc..i don't complain about something unless its necessary...100 batteries that ppl don't know about is different than wendys food being no good. Your so petty that that is probably something u would do. Grow a pair..lol..wendys, dollar menu...smc, 100 batteries that can burn my house down...yeah im gonna let ppl know..smh, thats what smc should change their name to come to think about it
Nobody is telling you what you can and can’t say. Feel free to tell us your experiences. No one has any issues with that.

What we are taking an issue with is your tone and lack of respect for a guy who is spending time trying to make things right.

Sorry that you take offense to that, but to be honest, that type of energy isn’t welcome here anyways. We try to be helpful and kind to others here. I hope you take a breath and settle down a bit. You’ll find a lot of great people here and one guy named @Notorious J ??

Nobody is telling you what you can and can’t say. Feel free to tell us your experiences. No one has any issues with that.

What we are taking an issue with is your tone and lack of respect for a guy who is spending time trying to make things right.

Sorry that you take offense to that, but to be honest, that type of energy isn’t welcome here anyways. We try to be helpful and kind to others here. I hope you take a breath and settle down a bit. You’ll find a lot of great people here and one guy named @Notorious J ??

+1 On that. Take a breath mate, no need to insult people on this forum. Hobbies are for fun, no need to get all worked up.

What they said above this reply... we're not here to insult each other, just to have fun.

Really? So coming on a forum and acting like a child is the appropriate thing to do? I don't think so. Grow up and come back when you can make a respectful response.

I have been fortunate enough to avoid SMC altogether for my Lipo needs. SMC is heavily invested. I would have expected more from the rep here. His hand was forced to deal IMO. Some one heavily invested in SMC lipos shared bad experiences with a product. It didn't come across nicely. But we have all been down that road before. The lipo market is very saturated with product. Very competitive. The reality is we support the company, not the other way around. We choose what to buy. Some lipo brands understand that better than others. This forum is for sharing ideas and experiences. Let it flow. But keep it respectful.

Ok guys...im not that type of person anyway..ill let it go...just felt like i was attacked by sharing my experience...i was NEVER insulting anyone to start with if you read my first post on it...just said smc sucked bc i lost stuff in a fire bc of their batteries. When he come back and said ppl feel the need to complain publicly in this new world is when i got pissed bc this is a public forum for info...good or bad i thought. Im done. If yall want me to leave i will no problem. Was told i should check this group out bc i have alot to offer and alot to take in but this happened

I'm not trying to trash talk any company here just stating my experience, I'm not about that. I just got back in the hobby and purchasrd 5 SMC lipos whick cost me a chunk of change. 3 out of 5 have puffed, all 3s packs. My 6s and 4s pack has not been used yet. 2 of my 3s packs has (two) cycles and noticed puffing after first run. My third 3s pack has NEVER been run and so puffed the hardcase is split. Total voltage on this pack is 11.45V. Cell 1, 3.823. Cell 2, 3.818
Cell 3, 3.816, never been on a charger.
Pic 1 pack one
Pic 2 pack 2
Pic 3 both
Pic 4 and 5 pack 3

Sorry to see you have had issues with our packs. As mentioned a few times in this thread we did changes to our pack lineup to better suit todays RTR RC market. The original Premium packs we offered are made with cells that have oil and have very low internal resistance which makes for a very powerful pack for the size/mAh and weight. We realized that the RTR ESCs cutoff to low and aren't adjustable and one of the main causes of cell expansion/swelling is discharging them to low under load and since the packs have low internal resistance they will discharge more under load then packs with higher resistance. These first generation Premium were more sensitive then most other Lipos due to the higher performance. They require a higher cutoff and can't be stored for long periods of time without being cycled. In the instructions that come with the packs we do put that it's best to cycle the packs every 8 weeks if you plan on having them stored for long periods of time. This is why we came out with the DV series to better suit the new breed of RTR vehicles. We also designed a Precision Lipo Alarm that allows the customer to get a proper and adjustable cutoff with the RTR ESCs.
Ok guys...im not that type of person anyway..ill let it go...just felt like i was attacked by sharing my experience...i was NEVER insulting anyone to start with if you read my first post on it...just said smc sucked bc i lost stuff in a fire bc of their batteries. When he come back and said ppl feel the need to complain publicly in this new world is when i got pissed bc this is a public forum for info...good or bad i thought. Im done. If yall want me to leave i will no problem. Was told i should check this group out bc i have alot to offer and alot to take in but this happened

Normally when you buy any product and have issues with it you should contact the manufacturer and try and see what they can do for any issues you have with there products. This was why I said in this day and age people prefer to say such and such a company sucks or whatever without even giving a chance for the company to make things right. The original poster is a perfect example of this. He started this thread because one of his packs had a cell short out which is covered under our warranty and we took care of it once he contacted us after I came on this thread.

Sorry to hear you lost stuff in a Lipo fire and everyone should always be very careful with all Lipos as Lipo fires are real and can happen to any pack from any company. The perfect example of this is cell phones who have cells ignite. These are much higher quality cells with much better manufacturing then any RC cell made by any company and if those can have an issue then any cells can have an issue. Normally your insurance should cover any lost due to a Lipo fire and your insurance will then try and get repaid by our insurance. Never leave a pack charging unattended and always charge them in Lipo safe bag or other safety container.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you have had issues with our packs. As mentioned a few times in this thread we did changes to our pack lineup to better suit todays RTR RC market. The original Premium packs we offered are made with cells that have oil and have very low internal resistance which makes for a very powerful pack for the size/mAh and weight. We realized that the RTR ESCs cutoff to low and aren't adjustable and one of the main causes of cell expansion/swelling is discharging them to low under load and since the packs have low internal resistance they will discharge more under load then packs with higher resistance. These first generation Premium were more sensitive then most other Lipos due to the higher performance. They require a higher cutoff and can't be stored for long periods of time without being cycled. In the instructions that come with the packs we do put that it's best to cycle the packs every 8 weeks if you plan on having them stored for long periods of time. This is why we came out with the DV series to better suit the new breed of RTR vehicles. We also designed a Precision Lipo Alarm that allows the customer to get a proper and adjustable cutoff with the RTR ESCs.

Normally when you buy any product and have issues with it you should contact the manufacturer and try and see what they can do for any issues you have with there products. This was why I said in this day and age people prefer to say such and such a company sucks or whatever without even giving a chance for the company to make things right. The original poster is a perfect example of this. He started this thread because one of his packs had a cell short out which is covered under our warranty and we took care of it once he contacted us after I came on this thread.

Sorry to hear you lost stuff in a Lipo fire and everyone should always be very careful with all Lipos as Lipo fires are real and can happen to any pack from any company. The perfect example of this is cell phones who have cells ignite. These are much higher quality cells with much better manufacturing then any RC cell made by any company and if those can have an issue then any cells can have an issue. Normally your insurance should cover any lost due to a Lipo fire and your insurance will then try and get repaid by our insurance. Never leave a pack charging unattended and always charge them in Lipo safe bag or other safety container.
Ok man cool. Didnt mean to personally offend you or be rude to you at all. I just had 2 back to back puff ups with the second one resulting in a fire. Sorry to upset everyone with my post. Ill make sure not to share anymore bad experiences ive had with any brands and just let ppl experience it first hand instead of trying to warn them..once again sorry danny, i wasnt say you sucked or was a bad person, i commend you for you help that you have gave ppl.

Ok man cool. Didnt mean to personally offend you or be rude to you at all. I just had 2 back to back puff ups with the second one resulting in a fire. Sorry to upset everyone with my post. Ill make sure not to share anymore bad experiences ive had with any brands and just let ppl experience it first hand instead of trying to warn them..once again sorry danny, i wasnt say you sucked or was a bad person, i commend you for you help that you have gave ppl.
You can for sure share any and all experiences. You don’t need to hide anything. That’s not the point here.

What IS important is to try to leave out the emotion and try to do your best to be respectful.

Again, if you have contact with a manufacturer and they don't help you, then come back and report that. If you DO get taken care of, that is just as important too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back