Kraton Lipo Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killcrazy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Apologies for posting this is it has been posted previously.

What is the recommended time for a fully charged lipo battery for storage prior to use? i usually storage charge my battery during the week and charge it for use the day prior to the day of use.

how long can you safely store a charged lipo battery?

The shorter time, the better.

I generally try to charge them on the morning just before leaving for a bash session. Sometimes I charge them on the evening before, but I do my best to avoid leaving them charged for more than 12-18 hours.

The shorter time, the better.

I generally try to charge them on the morning just before leaving for a bash session. Sometimes I charge them on the evening before, but I do my best to avoid leaving them charged for more than 12-18 hours.
yea that's what i figured.

Thanks for the fee back.

Apologies for posting this is it has been posted previously.

What is the recommended time for a fully charged lipo battery for storage prior to use? i usually storage charge my battery during the week and charge it for use the day prior to the day of use.

how long can you safely store a charged lipo battery?
I charge mine right before I'm getting ready to run them and storage charge them the same day when I'm done. Never leave them charged for days if for some reason I don't use them.

Safely is a relative term depending on the user and what data they have collected. Some manu's say no more than 24 hours. Some users say the morning before. Its kind of up to the user to experiment and get a feel for there own lipo experiences.

I try to only do the morning of, but many times it it the night before. Sometimes it get left at 4v/cell for days. Sometimes they get left fully charged on accident for a week.

I will say the majority of lipo's that have puffed up on me where ones that I repeatedly left charge for long periods of time. Usually my flight packs that I don't care about as much and are super cheap packs. Ive never seen a lipo go postal when not charging/discharging, but if you abuse it its possible it might have issues when running it or charging it.

Figured I would give you my real world experiences.

Safely is a relative term depending on the user and what data they have collected. Some manu's say no more than 24 hours. Some users say the morning before. Its kind of up to the user to experiment and get a feel for there own lipo experiences.

I try to only do the morning of, but many times it it the night before. Sometimes it get left at 4v/cell for days. Sometimes they get left fully charged on accident for a week.

I will say the majority of lipo's that have puffed up on me where ones that I repeatedly left charge for long periods of time. Usually my flight packs that I don't care about as much and are super cheap packs. Ive never seen a lipo go postal when not charging/discharging, but if you abuse it its possible it might have issues when running it or charging it.

Figured I would give you my real world experiences.
Cheers man. a real perspective is what i after.

Just like clock work, I charge them in the morning while having my coffee and discharge regardless if they need it or not in the same evening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back