Lipo Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have heard those Traxxas packs tend to puff in non-Traxxas 1/8 setups. I don't know how they last in a ERBE or XMAXX. Wonder if the Traxxas ESC is programed to limit amps to protect the batteries? IDK...

That is great to hear about the longevity of a storage charge on a LiPO. It's been one of the main reasons I've avoided them. Perhaps I'll give one a try and see how it goes. I would be running a LiPO on a Granite and Fazon Voltage, so unclear to me if these cars would benefit from the different battery chemistry.

That is great to hear about the longevity of a storage charge on a LiPO. It's been one of the main reasons I've avoided them. Perhaps I'll give one a try and see how it goes. I would be running a LiPO on a Granite and Fazon Voltage, so unclear to me if these cars would benefit from the different battery chemistry.
All RC's benefit. More current at a stable voltage means a more consistent speed/power delivery from a full to empty pack. Also, a 5000mah 2S pack will be lighter than a 5000mah 7cell NiMH pack. So, less for your truck to carry around. Brushed or brushless, the difference will be noticeable.

All RC's benefit. More current at a stable voltage means a more consistent speed/power delivery from a full to empty pack. Also, a 5000mah 2S pack will be lighter than a 5000mah 7cell NiMH pack. So, less for your truck to carry around. Brushed or brushless, the difference will be noticeable.
I have also read, don't have experience with it though since I don't deal with brushed (besides my crawler) or NiMH, that because of the higher current and more stable voltage that lipos tend to burn out brushed motors faster than NiMH batteries but they run better and are more powerful until they burn up. Again, I don't have any experience with it, just what I have read.

If you are running the 18650 li-ion cells, I don't think that a brick lipo would be much of a performance upgrade, so long as you are running the stock motor. You could upgrade to more MAH for less money, though - as I believe most of those cheap 18650's don't have the amp rating for the Voltage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back