Lipo battery's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingy93

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm currently running 5400mah 3s 35c 45c bursts x 2 in my outcast. Soon going to be getting more battery's/charger. What battery's are you guys using 4s or 6s? And what sort of $ you paid. I'm in Australia so Any advice on where to get a good battery's from will help. Cheers

I am running a 6s brick pack. 5000mah. its an HRB lipo from ebay. it was only around $85. its a cheaper lipo but it works great and i still get around 25 mins of run time. i have the same packs for my girlfriend but they are 4s.

nice I will have to have a look on eBay. Current battery's are 5400 and that's a good amount of fun time so I'd stick around that if not more.
Nice to see a fellow Yz rider.
I've got a 2012yz250F myself

Still haven't run 4s in it yet only a 10min run on 6s , been too busy :(
Hopefully this weekend I get to get the bikes n rcs out

nice I will have to have a look on eBay. Current battery's are 5400 and that's a good amount of fun time so I'd stick around that if not more.
Nice to see a fellow Yz rider.
I've got a 2012yz250F myself

Still haven't run 4s in it yet only a 10min run on 6s , been too busy :(
Hopefully this weekend I get to get the bikes n rcs out
Thats a nice bike! I love how the 4 strokes ride, but I like to wrench on my bikes. And the 4 strokes can be complicated :( that being said, the yzf's seem to be the most reliable/durable 4 strokes!

I'm currently running 5400mah 3s 35c 45c bursts x 2 in my outcast. Soon going to be getting more battery's/charger. What battery's are you guys using 4s or 6s? And what sort of $ you paid. I'm in Australia so Any advice on where to get a good battery's from will help. Cheers
Ive been running 2x2s redback 5000 which work pretty good... And 2x2s turnigy 5200 which charge to about 6100 to fill.
Redbacks 69 each in perth and turnigy 34 each from hobbyking. So far the turnigys last longer running time wise so if they don't burn out i'll be pretty happy.
And i just ordered a basher 6s brick 4000 65c from hobbyking. Cost 75 with post and they have stock in sydney so should only take a week to get to perth. And i'll see if thats any good.

Thats a nice bike! I love how the 4 strokes ride, but I like to wrench on my bikes. And the 4 strokes can be complicated :( that being said, the yzf's seem to be the most reliable/durable 4 strokes!
Yeah I know what ya mean. If mine breaks I get someone to get it lol. It's very reliable. Bought it brand new, lots of power for my short ass haha.

Ive been running 2x2s redback 5000 which work pretty good... And 2x2s turnigy 5200 which charge to about 6100 to fill.
Redbacks 69 each in perth and turnigy 34 each from hobbyking. So far the turnigys last longer running time wise so if they don't burn out i'll be pretty happy.
And i just ordered a basher 6s brick 4000 65c from hobbyking. Cost 75 with post and they have stock in sydney so should only take a week to get to perth. And i'll see if thats any good.
Nice , let us know how they go. !Are they soft or hard packs ? I'm thinking of going hard packs some of my soft ones have seen better days. 5400 6s are about 75 at my local hobby shop. Just their brand. Never had a problem with them but maybe wanna go more than 5400

All mine are hardcase packs.....
Im very impressed with the turnigy packs so far, only had about 4 or 5 runs on them but so far so good. Charge well, run well.. haven't got too hot... And 2 cost the same as one of the redback at my local hobby shop. If they last theyre a great bargin... If they don't at least they didnt cost too much.
The 6s basher should be here to test next weekend so i'll let you know how it goes. It is only a 4000 mah tho.but at 70 bucks for a 6s hardcase its about half what i would pay local so its worth a shot :)

All mine are hardcase packs.....
Im very impressed with the turnigy packs so far, only had about 4 or 5 runs on them but so far so good. Charge well, run well.. haven't got too hot... And 2 cost the same as one of the redback at my local hobby shop. If they last theyre a great bargin... If they don't at least they didnt cost too much.
The 6s basher should be here to test next weekend so i'll let you know how it goes. It is only a 4000 mah tho.but at 70 bucks for a 6s hardcase its about half what i would pay local so its worth a shot :)
Do you usually run 4s or 6s. And what type of terrain u drive on. I'm mostly at a hard compact dirt poorly maintained bmx track. Finding developing suburbs are the best. Soft loose dirt and like 10ft piles of dirt makes a good jump. Just dunno if 6s will wear n tear a lot more than 4 will

I go down the bmx track at the local park which is made of yellow building sand. Its pretty hard.... also short grass and dirt at the next park over and down at the beach too. Theres a gravel pit near my mates where he just went out said theres some dirt jumps etc... And his went good there.
Ive been running only 4s at the moment as i got my arrma cars at xmas and have a bunch of 2s batteries from mu rustler and bandit.
The typhon has good speed but the kraton seems to top out a bit quick which is why ive ordered the 6s to try. I'll probably go up to a 14t in the kraton... I reckon that will go good with 4 and 6 s. 6s will have to wear more as it adds about 30-35kph in top speed and alot more punch too. Pretty much why i went for the 4000mah 6s... Running too long at once in 6s and something will have to give ?

An outcast is next on my list too....
Hows yours go ?? They look like fun :-D

gensacearespammers 2S 7200mAh 70C. $70 each. Using stock pinion, runs for at least 30minutes don't want too much heat for such long runs

Attachments

• IMG_6176.JPG
    IMG_6176.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 54
Just ran 4s and 6s. And my god it was mad fun. Had to rip the 4s out and go 6s. Wasn't as fun on 4s. Did some massive jumps and nothing broke. All I did was bent the shock tower n she's all good now after a lil persuasion with a hammer
Might have to play around with the "punch" settings in the esc. Apparently there's a few settings to get a bit more when u stab the throttle. Loves it around a track on 4s very contronable and lands smooth off small jumps. Corners very well from the short wheelbase. Don't think I'll play with the gears unless things go wrong. I'm not all about speed runs I just like to bash on a track n do stupid stuff ;).

Seen a few of them Qwin not sure if I'd go that big. 5400mah is enuf for me. Like typhon34 says. Longer run time more likely to break hey lol

gensacearespammers 2S 7200mAh 70C. $70 each. Using stock pinion, runs for at least 30minutes don't want too much heat for such long runs
What's the name of that charger. I'm looking to get another smart charger and wouldn't mind a dual charger. What's the cost of one of them

Is that usd ?
Those batteries are $163.40 in perth....
135 for the 7000 version

Is that usd ?
135 for the 7000 version
Yeah was gonna say lol
I'm looking at getting a graphene nano tec 5000 mah 75c 6s will be a very snug fit but should be good fun.
Managed to smack a pole today mis judged a corner lol. Lower a arm lil snapped. Already got one on order from Crazyhobbies

Yeah was gonna say lol
I'm looking at getting a graphene nano tec 5000 mah 75c 6s will be a very snug fit but should be good fun.
Managed to smack a pole today mis judged a corner lol. Lower a arm lil snapped. Already got one on order from Crazyhobbies
The 6s are about 150 I'm pretty sure.
In Aus you'll pay 150-200 for a good 6s with good run time n discharge

I get my spare parts from jrc on ebay... Full set of front and rear arms with tie rods was 25 bucks posted to perth. Some good prices from them compared to the local shop :)
Are the graphene hard case ??? There suppised to be pretty good batteries.
The only 6s harcase i could get local was 120 bucks for a 3300 40c....
Thats why i ordered the basher from hobbyking.

Don't think it's a hard case no. But I want that high C rating lol
25 for all that damn that's good I got 2 front arms for 35 delivered

Can u post a link to jrc on eBay I can't find anything ? Cheers

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/332056405015

No a arms at the moment but they restock pretty quick. Esc and motors are cheap as too compared to over here. They just pull apart cars and sell the parts.
Get all my traxxas parts there too....
I got the kraton drive shafts for 50 bucks posted... Thats front rear and middle. 86 bucks just for the front ones at the hobby shop.

I'll have a look at those batteries... The basher i ordered is 65-90c.. Or so they say...

Just ran 4s and 6s. And my god it was mad fun. Had to rip the 4s out and go 6s. Wasn't as fun on 4s. Did some massive jumps and nothing broke. All I did was bent the shock tower n she's all good now after a lil persuasion with a hammer
Might have to play around with the "punch" settings in the esc. Apparently there's a few settings to get a bit more when u stab the throttle. Loves it around a track on 4s very contronable and lands smooth off small jumps. Corners very well from the short wheelbase. Don't think I'll play with the gears unless things go wrong. I'm not all about speed runs I just like to bash on a track n do stupid stuff ;).

Seen a few of them Qwin not sure if I'd go that big. 5400mah is enuf for me. Like typhon34 says. Longer run time more likely to break hey lol

What's the name of that charger. I'm looking to get another smart charger and wouldn't mind a dual charger. What's the cost of one of them

Ultra Power. I have the 240W but there is also the 400W available
Bought it at LHS for $150USD
Found it on eBay too

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Dual-2-Port-1...%3A32c4127215a0a624b9114da1fffad6d0%7Ciid%3A2

Is that usd ?
135 for the 7000 version

Was for our local supplier, only stocks gensacearespammers so I got a good price for 4 of them at $70USD each

I am using the Ultra Power 300W.
It is only single port, which is not a big deal seeing as I run 1X 4S 6500mAh, 60C hardcase by SMC.
The charger is awesome...touch screen is good, build quality is awesome, and charge times (even in balance mode), are very quick...especially when running at 20A.
For my next bat, I was looking at a 7200mAh gensacearespammers 70C....though given my current battery is 60C, I think I may look in to a 90C for the next purchase.
Running on 4S, 16T (soon to be), with 90C should provide plenty of speed/torque, while keeping the abuse on the drivetrain components to a minimum (as is not so much the case with hard bashing on 6S).

Ultra Power. I have the 240W but there is also the 400W available
Bought it at LHS for $150USD
Found it on eBay too

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Dual-2-Port-12Amp-240W-ACDC-Balancing-Battery-Charger-LiPo-LiHV-NiMh-UP120AC-DUO-/231553142794?hash=item35e9a4900a:g:XQ4AAOSwtfhYnmwu&_trkparms=pageci%3A1e968053-f131-11e6-ac38-74dbd1809c30%7Cparentrq%3A32c4127215a0a624b9114da1fffad6d0%7Ciid%3A2

Was for our local supplier, only stocks gensacearespammers so I got a good price for 4 of them at $70USD each

I'm running same thing, I got 2 for 125 dollars on ebay although I think normally its 2 for 130 or so. They have been great, no puffing, barely get warm and my son beats the crap out of the truck. They fit perfect too.

I am running a 6s brick pack. 5000mah. its an HRB lipo from ebay. it was only around $85. its a cheaper lipo but it works great and i still get around 25 mins of run time. i have the same packs for my girlfriend but they are 4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back