Lipo cell drop to 2,5v

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Today when my rig ran into voltage cutoff at 3,2v i was on the phone so let it switched on for approx 10mins.
When recharging the lipos they dropped to2,3-2,5v🥶
They are now revovering at 1A and are back so 3,6v per cell now....
Hope they are arright, any ideas how to proceed with them? How can i test if they are ok?
And, can two fans and 6LEDs drain them that quick in a few minutes????

Probably going to have some performance loss after letting them get that low on voltage.

You are doing it right by doing a slow recovery. If you would do it at 1C rate you'd be having a barbecue most likely. Lipos heat up significantly internally at those voltage levels. They will be ok but they did loose some punch.

The odd thing with Lipo voltage, you loose maybe 2% of capacity and you go from 3.3V to 2.5V in a couple seconds.
Yes, system powered on will do it. You minimized damage by not doing it under full power.

I did something similar not too long ago, I'd say that cell now has ~20% less available and takes longer to balance out.
Learn from it, I usually have a Lipo alarm installed but in that case I didn't.

My q200 charger seems to be quite smart. It charged with only 0,15A from beginning to 3,2v and then increased to the 1A I set. I thought this is because the lipos are f##ked but it just did it the gentle way..
Let see how they perform .... tomorrow is bash day.

Good luck!
Actually impressed with that charger only drawback is the power (for my purposes). Always good to stay with newer technology and not the old re-hash of the same, those chargers would have refused to do anything.

I just checked the cutoff settings because the manual of the max6 doesn't state actual cutoff voltages but the description is quite challenging for non-english-native-noobs like me:

Option 2: Auto (Low) Low cutoff voltage, not very easy to get the LVC Protection activated, is applicable to batteries with poor discharge capability. Option 3: Auto (Intermediate) Medium cutoff voltage, prone to getting the LVC Protection activated, is applicable to batteries with ordinary discharge capability. Option 4: Auto (High) High cutoff voltage, very prone to getting the LVC Protection activated, is applicable to packs with great discharge capability.

Which means:

Option 2: 2,9-3,1v
Option 3: 3,3-3,4v
Option 4: 3,6-3,7v

Hope the helps somebody coz i couldn't find this anywhere in the www...

I had in on option 2 which is not the best idea i guess, now changed to 3 and ordered some lipo savers😇

Just careful with the interpretation, it can't read individual cells only full voltage, on a healthy pack what you listed sounds right.
I just had a bad experience last weekend, I had it set to 4 and it literally cut off mid air, very bad landing as a result. When I checked they were at 3.8V after 30s of no action. Option 3 is probably the best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back