Lipo cell not reading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixxstrr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
So I have a 3S pack where the balance lead broke when I was out running, and made sparks when the balance wires touched. So I got a new balance wire end and cut off the old broken end and spliced it back up to the new end, but now when I connect it to the charger one of the cells reads 0. I can’t see anything wrong with the wire connection, and when I do a regular non balance wire voltage read it’s higher than what the 2 cells show so I think the cell isn’t dead, just something with that one balance connection I guess. I read something about opening the pack to check the balance connection at the source but that’s beyond what I’m comfortable with. So my question is, before I just give up on this battery altogether, can I get away with just charging it unbalanced without the balance wire, or any other tips or should I just give up on it?

If it was mine, I'd give up on it. Without balancing, it'd be relatively easy for one of the cells to end up too low or too high. Not worth the risk IMO. Saw a battery with a similar story on a local classifieds service. You may be able to sell it to someone that's comfortable taking it apart. That way you could get a little something out of it.

If it was mine, I'd give up on it. Without balancing, it'd be relatively easy for one of the cells to end up too low or too high. Not worth the risk IMO. Saw a battery with a similar story on a local classifieds service. You may be able to sell it to someone that's comfortable taking it apart. That way you could get a little something out of it.
I agree 💯 percent more than likely bad cell been there
What's the batt and charger
So I have a 3S pack where the balance lead broke when I was out running, and made sparks when the balance wires touched. So I got a new balance wire end and cut off the old broken end and spliced it back up to the new end, but now when I connect it to the charger one of the cells reads 0. I can’t see anything wrong with the wire connection, and when I do a regular non balance wire voltage read it’s higher than what the 2 cells show so I think the cell isn’t dead, just something with that one balance connection I guess. I read something about opening the pack to check the balance connection at the source but that’s beyond what I’m comfortable with. So my question is, before I just give up on this battery altogether, can I get away with just charging it unbalanced without the balance wire, or any other tips or should I just give up on it?
Wouldn't do it bam seen that to

I'd guess when the wire sparked it shorted out that cell and it it's dead now. A new 3s lipo is pretty cheap so I'd just chalk it up as a loss and buy a new pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back