Lipo charge status help..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Hi people,

I've got an ISDT T6 Lite charger running off a 24v power supply, just charged my new HRB 6s 6000mAh and this is the final read out when it finished charging..?

Tested it when it arrived and it had good storage voltage..This is only its first charge, I'm a bit puzzled why its only showing 2458mAh..???

I know the charger is plenty powerful enough as its 600w 30A..!! my 24v power supply works out about 400w if my math is correct.. so it should easily charge a single 6s..!!

Anyone with any ideas..??

Thx

IMG_2213.jpeg

Last edited:
That'll be how much charge it put in the battery.
If the charger has a battery meter function in the menu check that and it should show the battery is fully charged.

Hopefully it is as Stuart above said. My charger gives that info too, as in how much it has put into the battery.

My charger does have the function to check batteries but I also bought a battery "health checker/meter" so I can check my battery whenever I want. For the £8 odd it costs I'd say definitely get one as it gives you an easy to read percentage of battery life/capacity, checks individual cells etc and can be used anywhere.
Link here to the one I bought: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/cellmas...ffiliate_code=ZDVJBUCXUIIIETS&_asc=8662460382

Yep ignore the first charge from storage charge. It's not like running the pack to LVC then charging. There's still some charge in the battery that's what storage charge is not fully drained not fully charged. Run it a couple of times (to LVC) as long as it balances in a reasonable amount of time and charges close to capacity don't worry IMO.

You charged it from storage charge, iirc storage charge is like 80% of the battery, so you will never put in that many mah from storage. Don't really worry about that number it will never and I literally mean never match what the battery says it will always be more or less.
As an example these are my charging logs from a lvc of 3.4v to fully charged on 3 different batteries.

First battery is a 4000mah 65c 6s Basher battery from Hobbyking
342erwdaws.jpg

This is 2 6200mah 40c 2s Floureon batteries. < I'm still convinced that these batteries were mislabeled.
3245rfd54y6.jpg

I lost the logs from my Zop Power 3s lipos that were labeled as 5200mah 50c but those took in right around 5700mah from a lvc of 3.4v.

Last edited:
Ignore the value till AT LEAST you have ran the batterie 3-4 cycles, It won't take a full charge till then.

Thats what I was thinking or hoping..?

Cheers everybody for the answers..??

You charged it from storage charge, iirc storage charge is like 80% of the battery, so you will never put in that many mah from storage. Don't really worry about that number it will never and I literally mean never match what the battery says it will always be more or less.
As an example these are my charging logs from a lvc of 3.4v to fully charged on 3 different batteries.

First battery is a 4000mah 65c 6s Basher battery from Hobbyking
View attachment 35409

This is 2 6200mah 40c 2s Floureon batteries. < I'm still convinced that these batteries were mislabeled.
View attachment 35410

I lost the logs from my Zop Power 3s lipos that were labeled as 5200mah 50c but those took in right around 5700mah from a lvc of 3.4v.
Are you actually entering this data yourself every time you charge or is this data exported to your spreadsheet?
Either way, impressive that you record all of this. I really just hit it and run and certainly not as organized as you are here.

Are you actually entering this data yourself every time you charge or is this data exported to your spreadsheet?
Either way, impressive that you record all of this. I really just hit it and run and certainly not as organized as you are here.
I logged them myself. I only was doing it as I was certain that those 6200mah packs were not right. And from what I can see they are probably closer to 4300mah.

I logged them myself. I only was doing it as I was certain that those 6200mah packs were not right. And from what I can see they are probably closer to 4300mah.
I see. Interesting!
I have 4x Floureon packs and was kinda sold on em a couple years ago. Lately growing less impressed and learning that I'm still getting what I'm paying for. They all still perform ok but showed less performance sooner in their life cycle than others I have. I consider these "deal packs" vs my SMC or Turnigy Heavy Duty "quality packs."
I have some from PowerHobby that I got at a discount when they sent me the wrong color lid on my Noto. These have yet to be categorized. lol

I see. Interesting!
I have 4x Floureon packs and was kinda sold on em a couple years ago. Lately growing less impressed and learning that I'm still getting what I'm paying for. They all still perform ok but showed less performance sooner in their life cycle than others I have. I consider these "deal packs" vs my SMC or Turnigy Heavy Duty "quality packs."
I have some from PowerHobby that I got at a discount when they sent me the wrong color lid on my Noto. These have yet to be categorized. lol
Those packs are now over 2 years old and last time I charged them they took in about the same mah as they always have so that is a good sign that they aren't dying. I thought they were but turned out that the leads started to break off.
xgAqiVZ.jpg

Those batteries have been through a lot.

Cut the tape and fix it! I had to do that a few times on my buddies packs as he never strapped his balance plugs down. His gensacearespammers packs came with those larger balance plugs that are there to "protect" the wires, but all I can see that they do is add weight and when not strapped down, they flop all over the place and cause fatigue breaks in the wires. He had the v1/v2 that didn't have the little channels for the balance plugs to be held in like my outcast. Even if he did have the channels, those big plugs wouldn't fit in them.

I'm kind of curious how battery mfr's rate the capacity. How low do they go? Maybe the floureon's go lower than what we consider "safe" so they can rate them higher. The lower you go on V, the more A it takes to fill them back up. So a pack charged from 3.5V won't take as much as one charged from 3.0V, regardless of brand.

Cut the tape and fix it! I had to do that a few times on my buddies packs as he never strapped his balance plugs down. His gensacearespammers packs came with those larger balance plugs that are there to "protect" the wires, but all I can see that they do is add weight and when not strapped down, they flop all over the place and cause fatigue breaks in the wires. He had the v1/v2 that didn't have the little channels for the balance plugs to be held in like my outcast. Even if he did have the channels, those big plugs wouldn't fit in them.

I'm kind of curious how battery mfr's rate the capacity. How low do they go? Maybe the floureon's go lower than what we consider "safe" so they can rate them higher. The lower you go on V, the more A it takes to fill them back up. So a pack charged from 3.5V won't take as much as one charged from 3.0V, regardless of brand.
Oh I did fix that. Took me longer to cut the stuff out of the way that it did to fix it. I have some batteries that have those big protector things on them, not a fan.

To be honest I do not know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back