Kraton Lipo Charger Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teebee

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey Guys-
I’m new to the forum, and just recently purchased a Kraton, previously a Losi nitro owner. I’m hoping with the wealth of knowledge on this site I can get suggestions for a good lipo charger—
  1. Can handle 6s
  2. Dual charger
  3. Simple, and easy to use would be key
  4. Under $200

Thanks everyone, and I apologize if this has been discussed before, haven’t gone looking through archives.

@Teebee welcome to ArrmaForum! I would highly recommend checking out our thread: Recommend me a battery charger as it's packed full of a lot of good information and suggestions.

If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on ArrmaForum that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable.
Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Premium Membership

I’ve heard the hitec x2 charger is good it’s the most common one I see at the rc track.

Thanks everyone for the responses!
It’s great to have such a resource to turn to!

I have a HiTech quad charger that I like. You can use a coupon on Tower for it and it would be right around $200.00.

I use 2 isdt chargers linked to a 415w power supply. The chargers are awesome they really take care of the batteries don’t get hot and are really small. They run perfectly from a car battery and you can even charge from a Lipo.

I have a SkyRC D400 400w dual charger as well and I'm a huge fan. I can charge my 6S 4800mah batteries for my Kraton/Notorious and 4S 7200mah batteries for my Xmaxx at 2C, so I can charge a pair in a little over 30 minutes.

I have a ISDT D2 200w dual charger for my smaller batteries and I also like that a lot too. Way better interface than your normal 4-button charger, just wish ISDT would up the power to 350-400W

I also use a SkyRC BD200 to quickly discharge my unused batteries after the day is done. Highly recommend that, going from a 0.5-1A discharge on the chargers to a 10-30A discharge (depending on cell count) is a huge time saver.

I have a SkyRC D400 400w dual charger as well and I'm a huge fan. I can charge my 6S 4800mah batteries for my Kraton/Notorious and 4S 7200mah batteries for my Xmaxx at 2C, so I can charge a pair in a little over 30 minutes.

I have a ISDT D2 200w dual charger for my smaller batteries and I also like that a lot too. Way better interface than your normal 4-button charger, just wish ISDT would up the power to 350-400W

I also use a SkyRC BD200 to quickly discharge my unused batteries after the day is done. Highly recommend that, going from a 0.5-1A discharge on the chargers to a 10-30A discharge (depending on cell count) is a huge time saver.
Idst do a dual output 800w I think it is, mine is 300w 14a max single output

Bogis, sorry I should clarify - I don't like the idea of running a separate DC power supply, so all the chargers I listed have an internal AC power supply. I'm not aware of ISDT offering an AC dual charger over 200w

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back