Lipo Charger. What are you using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Rambo

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
  4. Infraction 4x4
Whats up Arrma Fam?
I want to know what lipo charger the general population of "bashers" are using. What are you using?

I'm not in the market for a new one. Just thought it'd be cool to see what the hot snot on chargers these days are.

Anyway, I'm using:

Dynamite Passport Ultra P2 for 2s-4s
Tenergy TB6 for 6s lipo

I almost upgraded to venom duo, but I don't bash enough to need more than what I got. Anyway, thanks everyone!

ProTek Prodigy 625 Duo, love it.

1000001316.png

Whats up Arrma Fam?
I want to know what lipo charger the general population of "bashers" are using. What are you using?

I'm not in the market for a new one. Just thought it'd be cool to see what the hot snot on chargers these days are.

Anyway, I'm using:

Dynamite Passport Ultra P2 for 2s-4s
Tenergy TB6 for 6s lipo

I almost upgraded to venom duo, but I don't bash enough to need more than what I got. Anyway, thanks everyone!
S150 charger. Just a typical charger 1 rc to bash 2 hours to charge good enough

I just got a Hota S6 for xmas from my wife. So far it's great. I had been using 4 chargers previously, a 12 year old Onyx, Thunder ac6 (also 12 YO) and 2 Skyrc b6 ac knockoffs..which I paid $25 a piece for 2 years ago.
I honestly had no real issues with the lower end chargers, I just got tired of watching my packs get up to "near full" charge relatively quickly, then another hour or more to finish🙄🤔🤨.
The balance output is what really means the most for me. Never knew what it meant until a year or so ago. Basically 1A or more is good, less than 1A can be frustrating IMO.
I don't know for sure what the balance output is on my Skyrc knockoffs..250-500mah I'd guess? Just plain painful to watch and wait for!!
The Onyx doesn't even balance, says balance charger, but I've never seen it balance a single pack!? The Thunder ac6 is likely 1A, not too bad.
The Hota S6 is 1.6A I believe.

I use an ISDT K2 Air. I used to have an HTRC C240 Duo but it made the magic smoke recently. It was otherwise a good charger and probably a fluke, but I switched to something else out of an abundance of caution.

I use an ISDT K2 Air. I used to have an HTRC C240 Duo but it made the magic smoke recently. It was otherwise a good charger and probably a fluke, but I switched to something else out of an abundance of caution.
Sound decisions I'd say. I on the other hand threw caution to the wind when I bought the Skyrc knockoffs,LOL. I didn't realize they were knockoffs when I bought them but should have known by the price.. these things have no certifications of any type on them anywhere. No UL listed or anything!! I charge and store everything in a detached garage thats 30 feet from the house though, so at least I won't burn in my sleep (because of those), LOL.

I just got tired of watching my packs get up to "near full" charge relatively quickly, then another hour or more to finish🙄🤔🤨.
The balance output is what really means the most for me. Never knew what it meant until a year or so ago. Basically 1A or more is good, less than 1A can be frustrating IMO.
I don't know for sure what the balance output is on my Skyrc knockoffs..250-500mah I'd guess? Just plain painful to watch and wait for!!

I was wondering why my charger does that! I hate that. Good thing I don't need more than a pack a day for my lunch hour bash. 😄 You learn sumn new everyday.

Have 2 HM D6 Duo Pros and my recent new one, an ISDT K2 Air. Love that one greatly also. I prefer to use 24v 400 watt PSU's with all these.
Any of my lipo bricks will charge within 45 min to an hour, running dual channels together. At a 1C rate. How I like to charge.

My main charger is an iCharger 308 Duo. 2 channels, 30A/800W per channel, 1300W max. I have it paired with an industrial 24V 1500W power supply. At the time, the 1A of balance current was above average (2A with both channels running in parallel). It seems like things have moved on since then, though!

That's pretty cool that chargers have added nice features like integrated modest AC power supplies. That must be nice if you just want to charge SOMETHING, without needing the bulk of a separate power supply, as long as you don't need the full output from the charger.

There are some interesting features even on older chargers like mine, though. I built an external resistive load (made from a hair dryer), which lets me discharge from packs on one channel, into the resistive load on the second channel. I think my load lets me do this at around 500W, but the charger is capable of doing 800W. It's nice if you have a bunch of packs which need to be brought back down to storage voltage, much faster than an integrated 20W, 50W, etc, discharge capability.

https://www.progressiverc.com/products/icharger-308duo

Last edited:
The funny thing is that a lot of people buy chargers with a certain power rating not knowing that they can only achieve that output when it’s hooked up to a DC PSU @24v

Much better off buying a charger and separate PSU. Converted server PSUs can be had for relatively cheap but I think it’s only 12v??

The funny thing is that a lot of people buy chargers with a certain power rating not knowing that they can only achieve that output when it’s hooked up to a DC PSU @24v

Much better off buying a charger and separate PSU. Converted server PSUs can be had for relatively cheap but I think it’s only 12v??
You can easily make your own 24v psu. I made the mistake of buying a charger that runs up to 18v.............. Try to find an 18v power supply that has 40a and 800w.

Converted server PSUs can be had for relatively cheap but I think it’s only 12v??

I have a pair of HP DPS-600PB server power supplies. Each is 12V, 575W. They were cheap on eBay, maybe $20 each or so at the time? But, you can get 24V, 1150W from a pair of them. You can isolate (float) the ground on one supply, and join them together. The + from the first goes into the - of the floated-ground supply, and their overall - to + gives you 24V, for running higher-power chargers.

The charger will have an input-current limit, so full charger power output might only be achieved above 18V, or whatever, even if you had 3000W of 12V available.

Info on using a solo power supply, for 12V:
http://www.tjinguytech.com/my-projects/HP47A

Info on using 2 in series, for 24V, 1150W:
https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/dps-600pb-build.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back