Lipo charging question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruman

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi, just bought Kraton 6S in a pack with charger and a 6s battery (waiting for mail SO much right now). But seems that the charger is bit low for 6s.

The charger is only 7A 80w which obviously is not enough for 1c charging. The battery that comes with the package is: 6s 4500mAh 40c (also ordered 2x CNHL g+ 6s 5000mAh 55c)

The question is: should i go straight for less than 1c in charging profile? Or set it for 1c and charger will charge whatever it can?

Better charger is something i need to look at, did not find the popular recommended ones (hota d6) here in finland :(

Set to 1C, the charger will pump out as much as it can.
And EuroRC has some nice SkyRC chargers. Mostly DC though I think.

Hi, just bought Kraton 6S in a pack with charger and a 6s battery (waiting for mail SO much right now). But seems that the charger is bit low for 6s.

The charger is only 7A 80w which obviously is not enough for 1c charging. The battery that comes with the package is: 6s 4500mAh 40c (also ordered 2x CNHL g+ 6s 5000mAh 55c)

The question is: should i go straight for less than 1c in charging profile? Or set it for 1c and charger will charge whatever it can?

Better charger is something i need to look at, did not find the popular recommended ones (hota d6) here in finland :(
Check Aliexpress and Banggood they both sell the HOTA D6.

Check Aliexpress and Banggood they both sell the HOTA D6.
Thanks, got already dumborc x4 comimg from banggood. And with the coming charger im probably fine until better one comes from banggood so i def check this one :)

Edit: ordered HOTA D6 since it seems to be well spoken on other thread (y)

Last edited:
I might be missing something here so happy to learn but surely the 6s 4500mAh 40c battery only needs 4.5A to charge at 1c - your charger can do 7A so don't understand why you think it isn't capable of doing 1c charge rate?

Every day is a school day so always happy to be educated :)

I might be missing something here so happy to learn but surely the 6s 4500mAh 40c battery only needs 4.5A to charge at 1c - your charger can do 7A so don't understand why you think it isn't capable of doing 1c charge rate?

Every day is a school day so always happy to be educated :)
This is the same thing I was thinking.. I thought I had missed something as well .

You have to look at the wattage of the charger as well. an 80 watt charger will not be able to charge a 6S battery anything more than about 3 amps at the end of the charge. if you start to charge at 3.5 volts per cell the charge will start at about 3.8 amps and go down from there on a 6S battery.

P = U x I
Power = voltage times current
80 W divided by 25.2V (full 6s pack) equals 3.2 ish Amps :)
or for an empty pack 80/(6*3.4) = 3.9 ish A

Thanks folks - all makes perfect sense when explained in those terms, I was thinking too simplistically and didn't even consider the power of the charger :oops:

P = U x I
Power = voltage times current
80 W divided by 25.2V (full 6s pack) equals 3.2 ish Amps :)
or for an empty pack 80/(6*3.4) = 3.9 ish A

This! This is exactly what you must have in mind when buying a charger, also keep in mind that when speaking of a dual or quad charger, the wattage is usually the total max. Which then must be divided to see the maximum output that channel will do. Multi output chargers usually allow you to "borrow" or assign watts from another channel, let's say channel 2, to a specific channel (usually channel 1) to allow it to have more power output at the cost of reducing the power output of the channel you "borrowed" from.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back