Lipo charging station

Thread starter #1

Lbizzle

Arrma RC's
Outcast
A56B510F-DAB8-40C1-B146-D722D309B503.jpeg 0F0439FD-597C-43C1-807A-274C979CDAEF.jpeg EA67BA52-6925-4DE9-83D2-FADAE7E8547A.jpeg I’m pretty happy with the way this came out, so I thought I share it with everyone. I used a metal ammo box and some 3/4 galvanized pipe. Pretty easy build I still use the Lipo bag as well. Figure over kill is a good thing here.

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
As long as the end isn't sealed up.
This thread reminds me that I need to buy some longer balance leads for my charger.

Thread starter #7

Lbizzle

Arrma RC's
Outcast
Good eye it’s black electrical tape. I used it so when pulling the wires and daily use it would help protect the wires from rubbing the pipe.

Tblazin

Arrma RC's
BigRock, Talion
how do you like that charger? with 2x 3c how many amps can it balance charge each, also does it show each cells capacity, I don't wanna bring my 400 Hyperion out in the field with me, id like a good mid-high level charger, theres so many to be had, I would of NEVER spent that money, nut was 4 years ago, they didnt offer all these other chargers.....

Thread starter #9

Lbizzle

Arrma RC's
Outcast

Tblazin

Arrma RC's
BigRock, Talion
SWEET, NIXE SETUP, I WOULD GET A LARGE COMPUTER 12V FAN MOUNT ON ONE END, MAKE HOLES ON OTHER, KEEP THINGS COOLED OFF. THOSE FANS ARE10$ OR CHEAPER EBAY

Tblazin

Arrma RC's
BigRock, Talion
View attachment 15389 View attachment 15390 View attachment 15391 I’m pretty happy with the way this came out, so I thought I share it with everyone. I used a metal ammo box and some 3/4 galvanized pipe. Pretty easy build I still use the Lipo bag as well. Figure over kill is a good thing here.

Hey where did you score those long balance wires, I'm gonna make something similar as son charged when I'm not around, something like that and out side??? wanna make and sell on, if so pm me!!!
also, you gotta be a plumber, if not, need a job...haha, anyway whats the dimensions of box, think a lil wider , throw a cheap ass 2-3s in corner to power fan w/switch, thats CLUTCH!!!

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Hey where did you score those long balance wires, I'm gonna make something similar as son charged when I'm not around, something like that and out side??? wanna make and sell on, if so pm me!!!
also, you gotta be a plumber, if not, need a job...haha, anyway whats the dimensions of box, think a lil wider , throw a cheap ass 2-3s in corner to power fan w/switch, thats CLUTCH!!!
I was just about to go look for some, I'll post up what I find.

-Edit-
If you don't mind waiting on the slow boat from China https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-JST-xH-6S-Lipo-Balance-Wire-Extension-Lead-30cm/182548577954?_trkparms=aid=555019&algo=PL.BANDIT&ao=1&asc=20150817211623&meid=7bf7276dc189417882c377323714da6e&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=182548577954&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

From the US
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-12-JST...931298&hash=item58a9374750:g:KsEAAOSwbMNaC1mp

For some reason I cannot find the 6s balance leads in anything longer than 1 foot or 300cm.

Last edited:
Thread starter #14

Lbizzle

Arrma RC's
Outcast
Dirt cheap rc is were I got all the leads from. The ammo box harbor Freight. The charger got a built in temp reader. temp stay really low and I got the outside temp straps as well never get hot to touch or even close. Didn’t really think I needed a fan. Maybe if it was outside in the sun I could see temps moving up but I built this so I could use in my shop. With a little piece of mind that it will keep the whole shop from going up in flames (worst case scenario) and thanks for all the complement!!

Thread starter #15

Lbizzle

Arrma RC's
Outcast
I bought 4 and just plugged them in to each other.

chris15005

Arrma RC's
Kraton, 4x4-Mega
NIICE any POINTERS??
I used a steel ammo can from Rural King, (2) metal switch box cable entry clamps, (2) extended balance cables, Venom 12" XT90 charging leads, (4) rubber door stop inserts for feet for the can, drilled holes in lid of can, removed gasket from all but the edge with the closure latch, used high strength velcro to attached my charger. I store, transport and charge all of my lipos inside lipo sacks inside the box works out pretty good and it's compact.

cordell12

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Nero
I love this charger (only one I’ve ever own lol) Its max is 2x120w or 2x12amps 1-6s. It does show each cell volts when charging. It’s a great charger more than I need really. I’m still kinda a newbie. Dirt cheap rc was the lowest price I could find it.

http://dirtcheaprc.com/shop/ultra-p...-nimh-pb-acdc-balancing-battery-multicharger/

I have this exact same charger, works great for me. I only wish the discharger were a little faster.