Lipo charging station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
A56B510F-DAB8-40C1-B146-D722D309B503.jpeg
0F0439FD-597C-43C1-807A-274C979CDAEF.jpeg
EA67BA52-6925-4DE9-83D2-FADAE7E8547A.jpeg
I’m pretty happy with the way this came out, so I thought I share it with everyone. I used a metal ammo box and some 3/4 galvanized pipe. Pretty easy build I still use the Lipo bag as well. Figure over kill is a good thing here.

Don't forget to put in some vent holes, or you will just have a nice pipe bomb sitting there.

As long as the end isn't sealed up.
This thread reminds me that I need to buy some longer balance leads for my charger.

It’s vents thought the pipe the wires run through
Oh okay, that's good, I couldn't tell from the pic but it kind of looked like there was a rubber grommet in the end of the pipe.

Good eye it’s black electrical tape. I used it so when pulling the wires and daily use it would help protect the wires from rubbing the pipe.

how do you like that charger? with 2x 3c how many amps can it balance charge each, also does it show each cells capacity, I don't wanna bring my 400 Hyperion out in the field with me, id like a good mid-high level charger, theres so many to be had, I would of NEVER spent that money, nut was 4 years ago, they didnt offer all these other chargers.....

SWEET, NIXE SETUP, I WOULD GET A LARGE COMPUTER 12V FAN MOUNT ON ONE END, MAKE HOLES ON OTHER, KEEP THINGS COOLED OFF. THOSE FANS ARE10$ OR CHEAPER EBAY

View attachment 15389 View attachment 15390 View attachment 15391 I’m pretty happy with the way this came out, so I thought I share it with everyone. I used a metal ammo box and some 3/4 galvanized pipe. Pretty easy build I still use the Lipo bag as well. Figure over kill is a good thing here.

Hey where did you score those long balance wires, I'm gonna make something similar as son charged when I'm not around, something like that and out side??? wanna make and sell on, if so pm me!!!
also, you gotta be a plumber, if not, need a job...haha, anyway whats the dimensions of box, think a lil wider , throw a cheap ass 2-3s in corner to power fan w/switch, thats CLUTCH!!!

Hey where did you score those long balance wires, I'm gonna make something similar as son charged when I'm not around, something like that and out side??? wanna make and sell on, if so pm me!!!
also, you gotta be a plumber, if not, need a job...haha, anyway whats the dimensions of box, think a lil wider , throw a cheap ass 2-3s in corner to power fan w/switch, thats CLUTCH!!!
I was just about to go look for some, I'll post up what I find.

-Edit-
If you don't mind waiting on the slow boat from China https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-JST-xH-6S-Lipo-Balance-Wire-Extension-Lead-30cm/182548577954?_trkparms=aid=555019&algo=PL.BANDIT&ao=1&asc=20150817211623&meid=7bf7276dc189417882c377323714da6e&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=182548577954&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

From the US
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-12-JST...931298&hash=item58a9374750:g:KsEAAOSwbMNaC1mp

For some reason I cannot find the 6s balance leads in anything longer than 1 foot or 300cm.

Last edited:
Dirt cheap rc is were I got all the leads from. The ammo box harbor Freight. The charger got a built in temp reader. temp stay really low and I got the outside temp straps as well never get hot to touch or even close. Didn’t really think I needed a fan. Maybe if it was outside in the sun I could see temps moving up but I built this so I could use in my shop. With a little piece of mind that it will keep the whole shop from going up in flames (worst case scenario) and thanks for all the complement!!

I bought 4 and just plugged them in to each other.

NIICE any POINTERS??

I used a steel ammo can from Rural King, (2) metal switch box cable entry clamps, (2) extended balance cables, Venom 12" XT90 charging leads, (4) rubber door stop inserts for feet for the can, drilled holes in lid of can, removed gasket from all but the edge with the closure latch, used high strength velcro to attached my charger. I store, transport and charge all of my lipos inside lipo sacks inside the box works out pretty good and it's compact.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back