Kraton Lipo cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
what is the typical low voltage cutoff on a v3 kraton? I just purchased a voltage alarm and need to set correctly. Any help would be great.

The 80% rule is what I follow. That is, try to never need more than 80% of a packs capacity to get a full charge. You need the right charger to be able to tell you the cut off for this, it is normally around 3.7v resting or 3.6v alarm but different packs do vary a bit.

Not sure why, but folks with surface vehicles commonly take them lower. Head over to a plane or heli board and no one goes below 3.7v resting.

Whatever you do, do not make a habit of hitting LVC.

Not sure why, but folks with surface vehicles commonly take them lower. Head over to a plane or heli board and no one goes below 3.7v resting.
I believe this has to do with the fact most airplanes and heli's take a minute or two to bring back to the surface and land before they can power them off. Whereas a car or truck can be turned off almost immediately compared to airplanes.

Setting the LVC to 3.7 or 3.4 will be fine, just be sure to keep an eye on it and if you hear that alarm going turn it off.

I am very new to the RC world so I can only tell you what's worked for me. I have both a Typhon and Kraton V3's and have been able to run them on 3s 5400 mah 11.1V. With this setup, i can easily run the cars for at least 30 minutes (and longer) without any issues. Would I be correct to assume that i've been okay since this equates to 3.7V?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back