Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

BLS LiPo cutoff to low?

Discussion in 'Granite 2WD' started by IonicRipper, Oct 17, 2015.

1. IonicRipper

IonicRipper Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Just bought a Granite BLS and after trying the stock NiMH I decided to use my 5000 mah 7.4v LiPo. Switched the ESC in LiPo mode but found that the low voltage cutoff kicked in way early at nearly 3.8v. Is it suppose to cut in so early? Is there any way to change the setting to something lower?

2. IonicRipper

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    P.S. Made a mistake in the title. I meant LiPo cutoff too high.

3. Dustin Mustangs

Dustin Mustangs Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    I would bet you have a bad battery and your voltage is dropping more than normal under load. At rest it will show something higher. Typically, a pack in this condition also can't be brought up to 4.2v. It will come off the charger a few tenths lower.

I have the blx ESC, which may have a different cutoff, and I have actually found the cutoff lower than I'd like it.

4. IonicRipper

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Thanks for the reply. It is indeed an old battery. Might be time for a fresh one.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer