Granite Lipo cutoff voltage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmature

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
We ran a 2S lipo in the Granite today for the first time and it looks like the lipo cutoff voltage is too low. I know it's supposed to be 3.4V, but I measured 3.05V and 3.10V at cutoff. After letting the battery sit for an hour the cell voltages recovered to 3.15V and 3.20V. Is this normal? I can't see the cells lasting very long if they're allowed to discharge this much.

Strange. Most complain of them cutting off way too early, but usually that’s on 3S.

We ran a 2S lipo in the Granite today for the first time and it looks like the lipo cutoff voltage is too low. I know it's supposed to be 3.4V, but I measured 3.05V and 3.10V at cutoff. After letting the battery sit for an hour the cell voltages recovered to 3.15V and 3.20V. Is this normal? I can't see the cells lasting very long if they're allowed to discharge this much.
In case it is one of the ESCs that still have NIMH and Lipo modes: Did you set it to lipo?

It does have Lipo and NiMH settings and it is set to Lipo. The cutoff is way too low.

Well, Horizon wants me to send the ESC back to them. That's going to take me down for weeks. At least this time they're OK with me shipping back the ESC. Last time I had a problem with a Horizon truck they wanted the whole truck shipped back. Horizon really doesn't support their Canadian customer very well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back