Lipo Damage - Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Hey guys,

I crashed a few days ago and suffered this damage to a lipo. Do you think I should get rid of it or continue using it?
5B919D35-01A9-4F3C-9909-7C9B926DA985.jpeg
0D5F8D29-E2D7-43FA-955A-8888D1BD5CD0.jpeg

00569B1E-10C0-493E-9BD3-E931A44C6443.jpeg

Stick it on the charger and check the cells. If they are still healty and visible wrap it with gorilla tape and you are good to go. If any cells look out of the norm......garbage. Good to add some protection on these soft packs......some add yoga mat foam to the battery tray...others use velcro.

It’s A 3 cell battery.
2 are about 3.8v and 1 cell is 3.6v.

all good. nothing a little gorilla tape cant fix. Keep an eye on it when charging as norm. Batteries are wrapped pretty good for protection....but still add some gorilla tape.

It’s A 3 cell battery.
2 are about 3.8v and 1 cell is 3.6v.
One cell went south from the carnage. It is bricked. A .2v difference is significant! Way off. Smell it very closely. Does it smell sweet around the damaged areas?
I would discharge it and toss it. Sorry. It looks like a fairly new pack also. Keep it outside your home until you decide what to do. Impacts can do this. Like stated above always line the Lipo tray with foam padding of some type, if you bash hard. Especially at the front and bottom of the Tray where most of the force ends up. That was a hard hit from the looks of things.
My spin. :cool:
Hope I provided a "Solution".

Last edited:
Back