Infraction Lipo dilemma....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venn Diagram

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Having leaned towards the infraction 6s, next step is a lipo.

I normally go Turnigy, however there's so many mid range to cheap alternatives (Voltz, Sunpadow, HRB etc) hence this thread, to gage user genuine experiences with different lipos to hopefully help me and other users in future.

Thanks.

CNHL is a good product at a good price. Best thing to do is wait until they have a BOGO or something of the kind going on (CNHL does sales all the time).
https://chinahobbyline.com/

SMC is having a sale currently and would be well worth looking at. They make high quality lipos and, as of right now, for a great price. For bashing about, try the True Spec DV Extreme. The SRDs are more for seasoned speed runners and drag racers.
https://www.smc-racing.com/

Having leaned towards the infraction 6s, next step is a lipo.

I normally go Turnigy, however there's so many mid range to cheap alternatives (Voltz, Sunpadow, HRB etc) hence this thread, to gage user genuine experiences with different lipos to hopefully help me and other users in future.

Thanks.

Safe to assume you are just bashing and not looking for the 100% best lipo on the market?
+1 for CNHL. I really like the G+ 70c packs. I have punished them and the cells are still balancing out perfectly.

If you are in the market for the top performer Onyx lipos sold at shadow hobbies seem to be #1 right now. (used in the 204 mph Arrma Limitless/Infraction GT)

gens-ace-r-spam or Ovonic, you can go with either one depending on your budget. They were having a Halloween Sale recently, good luck with that. My Infraction 6s is running 2 Ovonic 100C 3s 6000mAh. So far they haven't had any problems.

Safe to assume you are just bashing and not looking for the 100% best lipo on the market?
+1 for CNHL. I really like the G+ 70c packs. I have punished them and the cells are still balancing out perfectly.

If you are in the market for the top performer Onyx lipos sold at shadow hobbies seem to be #1 right now. (used in the 204 mph Arrma Limitless/Infraction GT)

Not the 100% best but the best lipo at a reasonable price.

All the replies are much appreciated, looking into a lot of these.

Thanks,

Venn

I just got the smc summer sale batteries. 3s 8800 for like $44 each. They’re quite nice. The only issue is they’re soft case. Have you guys any issues w soft cases?

I just got the smc summer sale batteries. 3s 8800 for like $44 each. They’re quite nice. The only issue is they’re soft case. Have you guys any issues w soft cases?
No problems here and majority of mine are soft case

… The only issue is they’re soft case. Have you guys any issues w soft cases?
The only thing I’ve read about soft packs is there isn’t much protection against extreme impacts. I did however just watch a batteries 101 video where the guy said hard cases are more prone to heat build up because they’re encapsulated. Seems to make sense, but I only have experience with soft, but thought I’d pass it along for you to research.

My V1 Lim and Infr. is loving those YooWoo 3s 5k Mah 100C Graphenes. I have 4 pairs of them. Some are well used and show no sign of getting tired. I have many packs here. And the Yoowoos are keeping up with my oldest Ace of Gens lipo's for durability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back