Lipo/ESC issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plugga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys! I haven't used my Senton in quite a while due to a blown motor. Now the charger is coming up with "Cell Error" when attempting to charge. (SkyRC S65 charger) At first I managed to get it charged, but the truck cut out straight away, and got a flashing red light. I reset the ESC, still cuts out. Now the battery won't charge at all. Constant "Cell Error" Just wanting to confirm the Lipo is dead, or could it be ESC issues? For what it's worth, I replaced the motor with this 3100kv unit. Cheers!

Screenshot_20200831-093357_eBay.jpg

If you are getting a cell error on your charger it is highly likely that one of the wires inside the battery broke off the tab, there is most likely nothing wrong with your esc.

If you are getting a cell error on your charger it is highly likely that one of the wires inside the battery broke off the tab, there is most likely nothing wrong with your esc.
Cool, I'll check it out. Also, I just noticed the battery smells like acetone. Surely that can't be good?!

Ha! Nail polish remover. It looks as if there's a very small amount of something leaking out of it. No swelling, but a definite sharp smell.
That is weird.

Ditch the battery G it’s burnt out. You’re smelling the electrode. Nasty stuff. I agree that’s exactly what it smells like.

Ditch the battery G it’s burnt out. You’re smelling the electrode. Nasty stuff. I agree that’s exactly what it smells like.
Cheers mate, I better ditch it then. Spewing though, I only bought it in Feb.

My ammo can, that I store my lipos in, has a weird smell to it. Is that normal?

If you left the pack discharged after the last time you used it, it could have died by now. What are the cell voltages? You can check with a voltmeter, cell checker/alarm or there may be a "meter" option on your charger. Maybe it can be saved by running a NiMH charge program. But if it's leaking, I'd get rid of it.

If you left the pack discharged after the last time you used it, it could have died by now. What are the cell voltages? You can check with a voltmeter, cell checker/alarm or there may be a "meter" option on your charger. Maybe it can be saved by running a NiMH charge program. But if it's leaking, I'd get rid of it.
Yeah, I think it's going to be safer to just bin it. Voltmeter's and cell checker's are a little out of my wheelhouse! For the sake of $80, I'll grab a newy. All the feedback is appreciated. Cheers!

My ammo can, that I store my lipos in, has a weird smell to it. Is that normal?
Yeah that’s normal. Lipos always have a smell to them. It’s most prominent during charging. With a storage container there’s constantly lipos in it so the smell just accumulated. I’d let it ride.

If it starts to bother you you can always just throw a pack of mini trees at the bottom. Should clear up the smell.

Yeah, I think it's going to be safer to just bin it. Voltmeter's and cell checker's are a little out of my wheelhouse! For the sake of $80, I'll grab a newy. All the feedback is appreciated. Cheers!

grab a cell checker or lipo alarm like @nino discussed......super easy to use, even outside your wheelhouse. If you are in the lipo rc racket these things are a must have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back