Lipo for Radiolink rc6gs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I would use a LiFe battery instead of a lipo, as they aren't as volatile as a lipo and won't go bad if left fully charged. Remember leaving a lipo fully charged is not good for them.

Personally I would use a LiFe battery instead of a lipo, as they aren't as volatile as a lipo and won't go bad if left fully charged. Remember leaving a lipo fully charged is not good for them.

Great point, I didn't even think about that.

Interesting, I was looking at these:

Zeee 7.4V 60C 1500mAh 2S RC Lipo Battery with Deans Plug for FPV Drone Quadcopter Helicopter Airplane RC Boat RC Car RC Models(2 Pack) https://a.co/d/9zsXsBe

Glad I asked cause they're clearly very different.
Yea you need a jst connector to connect to the radio.
I definitely don't fully charge them unless I know I'm going out but tbh I never even checked the voltage after a run to see how much 1 session drops the battery. I should probably start charging them to below full every time.

Yea you need a jst connector to connect to the radio.

Yep I was gonna clip the deans off and put a jst on. However, I just found a li-fe that looks eerily similar to the one you linked, gonna get it.

Thanks guys.

Screenshot_20220721-212923.png

Is LiFe better than lipo as an external power source for fans too?

I've found after 30mins of run time, a small lipo barely loses any charge, probably not even worth charging fully.

Is LiFe better than lipo as an external power source for fans too?

I've found after 30mins of run time, a small lipo barely loses any charge, probably not even worth charging fully.
It depends on the fans as LiFe batteries are only 7.2v fully charged. But LiFe batteries have a much longer lifespan than a lipo does, a LIFE battery could last between 5-7 years where as lipos can last 2-3 years.

Once I run out of my AA batteries stash :rolleyes:for the remotes I'm still not sure whether to go for rechargeble AA batteries or a Lipo / LiFE. Not to keen on Lipo, maybe Life is an option.
Probably rechargeable AA's though due to the low risk, simplicity and the fact that during winter they can be used for the Christmas lights :ROFLMAO:.

haha I got tired of having to charge 12 AA batteries all the damn time. My fast charger only did 4 at a time and the other charger took HOURS to charge em. Lipo charge so quickly I thought I was being big brain. :ROFLMAO:

haha I got tired of having to charge 12 AA batteries all the damn time. My fast charger only did 4 at a time and the other charger took HOURS to charge em. Lipo charge so quickly I thought I was being big brain. :ROFLMAO:
Good point (y). I don't want to wait HOURS either. I assumed the charging time was comparable to charging lipo's.
I'll look into the charging time of rechargeable AA's.

Good point (y). I don't want to wait HOURS either. I assumed the charging time was comparable to charging lipo's.
I'll look into the charging time of rechargeable AA's.
If you find one that can charge a lot of them quickly let me know! I have a sony one that charges 4 in about 2 hours or so which is a lot faster than the one I have that can charge 10 iirc that one can go for like 5+ hours before everything charged. Kind of crazy when you can charge a lipo in like 25m lol.

You do know ya can hook 10+ cars up to 1 radiolink.ive got 5 cars on 1 radio
Man let me tell you, I have so many rigs it's not even funny.

1658475601538.png

And those are just the ones with B links and or mmx8s/xlx2. I think we're at least close to 20 arrmas now. One of my radiolinks has 10 models and is full, the other one is now at 7 and I got a outcast 8s coming in a few days that will put it at 8 and the wifes has 2 rigs on hers. Oh snap I just figured out how many rigs we have LOL. I was right! it's 20. :ROFLMAO: I think we have every arrma 6s rig that hasn't been discontinued except the infraction. Not even a year in the hobby yet and 20 rigs, freaking nuts! I'm going to have to tell the wifey to hide my cards.

Apparently the new v3 radiolink can hold more than 10 rigs.

Man let me tell you, I have so many rigs it's not even funny.

View attachment 231168

And those are just the ones with B links and or mmx8s/xlx2. I think we're at least close to 20 arrmas now. One of my radiolinks has 10 models and is full, the other one is now at 7 and I got a outcast 8s coming in a few days that will put it at 8 and the wifes has 2 rigs on hers. Oh snap I just figured out how many rigs we have LOL. I was right! it's 20. :ROFLMAO: I think we have every arrma 6s rig that hasn't been discontinued except the infraction. Not even a year in the hobby yet and 20 rigs, freaking nuts! I'm going to have to tell the wifey to hide my cards.

Apparently the new v3 radiolink can hold more than 10 rigs.

New V3?

Radiolink RC6GS V3 New 7 Channels RC Transmitter and Gyro Receiver R7FG, RSSI/Voltage Telemetry, 2.4Ghz Surface Remote Radio Controller for RC Crawler, Drifting, Bash, Buggy Cars, and Boats https://a.co/d/7RbsvDJ
Son of a gun, that is the radio that I need. I do wish they would get rid of he collapsible antenna though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back