Lipo for Radiolink rc6gs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed on the antenna, not my favorite. 30 models tho....

Since we're on the subject, I noticed the input voltage stated is 2s-4s or something like 5-15 volts. I originally bought mine for speed runs as the range was touted as being really good, and it is, but now I'm wondering if a higher voltage would have any positive effect on that.

Last edited:

Since we're on the subject, I noticed the input voltage stated is 2s-4s or something like 5-15 volts. I originally bought mine for speed runs as the range was touted as being really good, and it is, but now I'm wondering if a higher voltage would have any positive effect on that.
Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

Those of you that have gone to a lipo, which one are you using?
I know people have a generally good concern for using a Lipo battery for these transmitters because having a fully charge Lipo battery isn't necessarily a good thing. I think the concern is bigger when it comes to the larger mah batteries. While I'm not trying to downplay the need to be extremely cautious, I don't think it's a bad idea to use Lipo batteries in these radiolink controllers, is the manufactures wouldn't recommend it.

So I say not only use Lipo batteries, but use the most powerful one allowable. Especially since there is a direct correlation between the range that you want to achieve on the transmitter and the source power output capacity of the unit. In simpler terms using the most voltage possible in these controllers is going to have a difference in the connection and range achieved.

So to that end I say push these suckers to the maximum of what the manual says is allowable! The latest version of the radio link RC6GS has the ability to take up to 4S Lipo's. Once installed, Simply immediately go in and set the alarm so that your transmitter beeps when the threshold gets below 3.6 V per cell. which is 14.4v.

One of the issues you run into though however is trying to find a 4S battery that is compatible "size wise" for these transmitters. 3s seems to be the most common. But I searched high and low and here's what I do. I bought this 2Pack 4s lipo batttery set. Each or 550 mA. By themselves sort of begs the need for more mah, and longer life. However ...run both of them together in parallel and you've got 1100 mAh at 4s. Lasts forever, and side by side theyt both fit perfectly into the battery chamber of the transmitter. AND... pushes max capacity output power to this amazing transmitter receiver combo!!

Here are the batteries
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P7SGNFG

Here is the parallel adaptor. You'll snip the one end that needs to plug directly into the transmitter and convert that over to the two prong JST.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082VX67BQ

East Tactics

I Posted this higher up in this thread. However after reading your comment I'll post it here too,

I know people have a generally good concern for using a Lipo battery for these transmitters because having a fully charge Lipo battery isn't necessarily a good thing. I think the concern is bigger when it comes to the larger mah batteries. While I'm not trying to downplay the need to be extremely cautious, I don't think it's a bad idea to use Lipo batteries in these radiolink controllers, is the manufactures wouldn't recommend it.

So I say not only use Lipo batteries, but use the most powerful one allowable. Especially since there is a direct correlation between the range that you want to achieve on the transmitter and the source power output capacity of the unit. In simpler terms using the most voltage possible in these controllers is going to have a difference in the connection and range achieved.

So to that end I say push these suckers to the maximum of what the manual says is allowable! The latest version of the radio link RC6GS has the ability to take up to 4S Lipo's. Once installed, Simply immediately go in and set the alarm so that your transmitter beeps when the threshold gets below 3.6 V per cell. which is 14.4v.

One of the issues you run into though however is trying to find a 4S battery that is compatible "size wise" for these transmitters. 3s seems to be the most common. But I searched high and low and here's what I do. I bought this 2Pack 4s lipo batttery set. Each or 550 mA. By themselves sort of begs the need for more mah, and longer life. However ...run both of them together in parallel and you've got 1100 mAh at 4s. Lasts forever, and side by side theyt both fit perfectly into the battery chamber of the transmitter. AND... pushes max capacity output power to this amazing transmitter receiver combo!!

Here are the batteries
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P7SGNFG

Here is the parallel adaptor. You'll snip the one end that needs to plug directly into the transmitter and convert that over to the two prong JST.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082VX67BQ

East Tactics

Thanks for the detailed post and links!

I never bought any, decided to use a big ol 6 cell NIMH rx pack from my 1/5 as I have a few. JST connector already on em. I haven't done any speed runs for months, just turned my limitless into a roller actually so no real need for crazy range on all the other rigs.

Thanks again 🤘

If you find one that can charge a lot of them quickly let me know! I have a sony one that charges 4 in about 2 hours or so which is a lot faster than the one I have that can charge 10 iirc that one can go for like 5+ hours before everything charged. Kind of crazy when you can charge a lipo in like 25m lol.
I got these and will try them tomorrow. Duracell hi speed charger cef15. FYI there is an big fan (looks like a 50mm) in the charger for cooling.
Comes with 4 AA 1300mah batteries. Those should charge in 15minutes. They must have come partially charged, because led indicated fully charged which took about 5 to 6 minutes.

Not sure how long they will last so also bought two 4-packs 2500mah. I’ve read someone state that four 2500mah‘s charge in about 30 minutes.

Found an English website so you can read it (assuming it’s easier for you than Dutch😉).
https://www.batterystation.co.uk/du...t-battery-charger-cef15-inc-4-x-aa-batteries/
image.jpg

I got these and will try them tomorrow. Duracell hi speed charger cef15. FYI there is an big fan (looks like a 50mm) in the charger for cooling.
Comes with 4 AA 1300mah batteries. Those should charge in 15minutes. They must have come partially charged, because led indicated fully charged which took about 5 to 6 minutes.

Not sure how long they will last so also bought two 4-packs 2500mah. I’ve read someone state that four 2500mah‘s charge in about 30 minutes.

Found an English website so you can read it (assuming it’s easier for you than Dutch😉).
https://www.batterystation.co.uk/du...t-battery-charger-cef15-inc-4-x-aa-batteries/
View attachment 243841
2500mah should last quite a while. I use 1700mah in my DX5C and I might have to recharge them a handful of times a year.

I’m back on rechargeable aa’s. Tired of turning on my gt5 and having no juice and for whatever reason loosing all my receivers and having to set my cars back up. (Perhaps there’s a button battery in the gt5 that keeps the memory and mines no good...)Maybe I just had bad lipos but they just didnt hold up.

I saw no difference regarding range when I used AA's versus my 7.4v 4000mah lipo. Plenty of run time. I just don't keep it Top charged for storage purposes. Because after all it is a Lipo, not a LIon based pack. I charge it to 4.0-4.1 volts. This lipo lasts and lasts with a 4kmah capacity.
I went with 7.4v lipo in my RC6GS. Seems that there is a voltage regulator anyway that limits volts to the main bus. If you use a higher voltage lipo, this will burn out the voltage regulator in theory and in practice. The main bus only runs on a preset voltage. So I can't see a 3s for example giving you better range. The excess volts become wasted energy and would tax the Voltage regulator needlessly while stepping down the lipo volts.
2s/ 4k mah lipo fits better as well. I would only use a 2s/7.4v lipo. Fully charged it is 8.4 volts in reality. Plenty enough for this radio.
I got mine on AMZ. It was sold as a RC6Gs specific fitting lipo pack.

Last edited:

If you run it off a 3s then yes, you’ll get better range. I did. But there won’t be much of a difference using a 2s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back