Lipo hard case got crushed. Not sure if its still safe to use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I was doing a little bash today and after I was done I noticed one of my batteries was crushed. Now the cells are still balanced and all but I don't know if its still safe to use.

lipo.JPG

Sucks too because this is like the 4th or 5th run with them

I might just go with single 6s or something. These 3s are pretty heavy to be stacking on top each other I guess

What a crappy day. First my e-revo gets fried, now this...

Feel like punching a wall!

The plastic isn't broken it just got pushed up at the seam. I still don't trust it but I wonder if the hard case is half empty. It is a 3s in a huge case.

I don't know. I probably wont order this type again though

Attachments

• IMG_0196[1].JPG
    IMG_0196[1].JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 71
Peal the stickers then fully separate the case. Just do it outside in a place you can kick it away from you in a hurry in case a cell gets punctured.

I peeled the stickers but the side that is pushed in is stuck in there pretty good. I cant seem to separate it

Remember when you were a kid and your friend dared you to put a 9 volt battery on the tip of your tongue????

Yeah that was the last time you ever needed to mess with batteries, that one needs to be put out of service!

Remember when you were a kid and your friend dared you to put a 9 volt battery on the tip of your tongue????

Yeah that was the last time you ever needed to mess with batteries, that one needs to be put out of service!
I remember being a kid, cutting the cord off a broken blender, separating the wires, stripping the ends, then plugging it in and "welding" tin-foil.

I was not a wise kid. ;)

That's not crushed. That's effin demolished man.
I wouldn't trust that near my RC or charging station/home.

Also, don't go for a 6s pack especially for these kind of reasons. One small damage and you'll have to replace an etire 6 cells worth of battery. As opposed to only 3 cells when you have them in dual channel.

Well at the moment I just bought a couple 4s 90C 7400mah to play around with. They are not too heavy and for playing around my yard and don't really need the 6s speeds for that. I do want to go back to 6s for bashing though. Im not sure if I will go with 2x3s or single 6s. I don't really want to get another 3s like that one. They are too heavy to be stacked. I might try to configure some sort or brace or something over the bottom battery. Just cut and bend a aluminum sheet.

Ill figure something out

Well, I did the salt water thing for 3 days. Today I punctured the cells with two nails then put the lipo in a coffee can full of sand.

Should be good now?

Since I disposed of the badly damaged 3s, I figured I would list the other one on ebay or something. Before inspection though I noticed it also has a little bit of a cave in as well.

I don't really want to sell someone a potentially dangerous battery... Might have to salt water this one too

Sorry to hear about your battery. I just plugged 2 packs into each other in a series setup (dead short instead of plugging into esc) The only good news is.. nothing blew up or caught on fire and the truck is unharmed (actually.. that's pretty good news lol) They were cheaper hexfly cells, but still.. they were backups but new.. it was going to be the 2nd run with them. One survived ( I had it apart and no damage seen) The other has only one cell showing... I was going to take it apart and check for a lead melted off one cell. I had it almost apart and slipped with my utility knife. I bled for a long time and now I can't tinker anymore! Yet another reason just to get rid of them lol. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back