Lipo IR limits, new Lipo IR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamart85

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
Hey everyone, got back into the rc community this year and only messed with nitro in the past. Now with only electric rc cars I've tried to read up on some info about Lipos.

Couldn't really find a definitive answer about IR. Found this website https://oscarliang.com/when-retire-lipo-battery/#ir

My real question is, I purchased the 2pack Zeee 3s 6000mah 60C Lipos about a month ago, checked the storage voltage every week and stayed at 3.8v. haven't used them until yesterday, put them on storage charge and then checked the IR.

Both are around 9ohms for each cell!? Let them cool off and rechecked the ohms and still at about 9ohms for each cell. Should I issue a replacement? Bought on Amazon.

Thanks in advance

9 ohms is a lot of resistance, I'm assuming you mean 9 milliohms

9 milliohms is a little higher than expected but it could be because the lipo is cold. If they're warm you'll see the resistance values drop, probably to around 1-3 milliohms

With every new pack of lipos you should full cycle them. Balance charge them, then use/discharge them to around 3.4-3.6v per cell (3.6v is preferable, depending on the LVC setting on your ESC or charger)

You should be absolutely fine using them. It's a good idea to keep doing what you're doing and check the IRs and for any puffing before/after every time you use them ?

9 ohms is a lot of resistance, I'm assuming you mean 9 milliohms

9 milliohms is a little higher than expected but it could be because the lipo is cold. If they're warm you'll see the resistance values drop, probably to around 1-3 milliohms

With every new pack of lipos you should full cycle them. Balance charge them, then use/discharge them to around 3.4-3.6v per cell (3.6v is preferable, depending on the LVC setting on your ESC or charger)

You should be absolutely fine using them. It's a good idea to keep doing what you're doing and check the IRs and for any puffing before/after every time you use them ?
Thanks for the response ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back