Lipo is dipping below 3.8v per cell @ cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Hi guys,

I ran my K8S and once the car started losing charge I stopped driving the car…what is odd is that the charge on my 2 x 4s batteries are reading 13.7v in total which is 3.4v per cell. Is this a concern as I understand that it shouldn’t go lower than 3.8v per cell?

Maybe I change cutoff from “medium” to “high” to avoid the lower dip?

00781988-B817-42B1-8F51-6BD9FC8418AE.jpeg

Ahhh ok, so what is a safe number - you say 3v is absolute lowest?

Keep it as is if you don't need the run time 👍, on smaller cars/2s i run 3.4, but i know cells are pretty balanced and they don't differ much when lvc goes off.

The runs i had with my kraton (only 4s so far) i think it cut at 3.7 as well (xerun esc)

😀
Yeah forgot to mention, i had two old 4s packs, that been unused for like 7 years, those had cells under 3v, couldn't charge them anymore.(probably forgot to storage charge them)

And didn't wanna take my chances reviving them, so straight to recycling with those!

I’d actually like more run time - I think I got 10min or so? In my case, I could even drop my LVC to “low” but not sure how many bolts that is? Running Spektrum 160a esc

25A9CF90-9021-492A-BB6C-FA9A4E61DD59.png

Low is probably fine, don't know the value on spektrum, however i recommend a lipo checker/Warner whatever , it's cheap as chips 👍

What is that? Do you have a link u can share?

I like that - I think I should order these, looks like a great investment…are they widely used?

I like that - I think I should order these, looks like a great investment…are they widely used?
They are very widely used in flying RC's, as they don't have LVC, As your plane/Drone flies by, you can hear the beeping and land. I have them for my quads.

Tip - if you are using them indoors to check your battery voltage, hold your finger over the two horn holes - they are LOUD! o_O

They are very widely used in flying RC's, as they don't have LVC, As your plane/Drone flies by, you can hear the beeping and land. I have them for my quads.

Tip - if you are using them indoors to check your battery voltage, hold your finger over the two horn holes - they are LOUD! o_O

I put some bluetac in them , my ears can't take it 😂

I run lipo alarms in all my rigs. I use gorilla tape and fasten them to the chassis so they are there permanently. Put the alarm in a place you can easily see when you drive the rig past yourself. I shut the alarm off because it can be annoying under full throttle pulls……..I just use the digital read out to gauge when to stop. …….

I usually stop running when my lipos get down to 3.55 give or take.

cheers,
kev

My FPV quads show the voltage in my googles luckily.

I've used them in the past, but LVC should be sufficient. My dog gets very aggressive when she hears the peeps, even whiles plugging them in.

Ahhh ok, so what is a safe number - you say 3v is absolute lowest?
Like @Mgswe stated,3.7v is best. Try not to bring your lipos lower than this. LVC should cut there. Or close.
Hi guys,

I ran my K8S and once the car started losing charge I stopped driving the car…what is odd is that the charge on my 2 x 4s batteries are reading 13.7v in total which is 3.4v per cell. Is this a concern as I understand that it shouldn’t go lower than 3.8v per cell?

Maybe I change cutoff from “medium” to “high” to avoid the lower dip?

View attachment 175145
I also have 2 of those identical Ace of Gens 4s packs. I like them.(y) One of my oldest sets of lipos too.
Not the best C ratings on paper at least But their cells are always well matched and balance easily.
I bash with them and even Speed Run them in Parallel with my Lim. I maybe have close to 40 cycles in them now. The IR's have increased for sure. But consistently for all cells. They were expnsive packs compared to many others I have here.
I wanted to get another pair, and didn't see them any longer. Not in 5500mah. I like the size of them.

Last edited:
They’re not cheap these gen ace that, agreed.
Info is great on this forum, luv it
If you only use them for checking your lipo voltage, get one of these instead -
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Battery-Capacity-Voltage-Controller/dp/B07RNPHJN6/
Gives more info, and no ear-splitting horn. LOL

(Yes, I have one of these too, often have it in my pocket while bashing)
Do u carry the item in your pocket? I’d assume there is another module that also plugs in the car?

They’re not cheap these gen ace that, agreed.
Info is great on this forum, luv it

Do u carry the item in your pocket? I’d assume there is another module that also plugs in the car?

It's only the one, either mount it in car connected to balance port or have it in your pocket, i prefer the second since it can start to warn/beep prematurely under heavy load.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back