Lipo -> nimh equivalent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiquidCompass

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I recently put a brushless setup in my granite mega and I’m still running nimh batteries. I have a Wltoys 124019 that came with two 2s 2200mah batteries. Will the 2s battery give me more speed than a 7 cell 4200 mah nimh in my granite?

Both fully charged are 8.4v. Probably not more speed BUT because of the LiPo holding its voltage (less voltage sag) longer you will see more power throughout the batteries charge.
Okay thanks that’s what I thought.

Depending on the brushless system you installed, those batteries may be too small and unable to safely provide the power. For example, the Arrma 3s lineup recommends a minimum 5000mAh 50c battery. I don't think any 2200mAh lipos would have a high enough output to support those cars. Do the lipos you have indicate a C rating? Also, do you know how many amps the ESC is? This would determine if it's safe to run those batteries.

Depending on the brushless system you installed, those batteries may be too small and unable to safely provide the power. For example, the Arrma 3s lineup recommends a minimum 5000mAh 50c battery. I don't think any 2200mAh lipos would have a high enough output to support those cars. Do the lipos you have indicate a C rating? Also, do you know how many amps the ESC is? This would determine if it's safe to run those batteries.
That’s sort of why I was asking because I saw the 5000 minimum for the 3s line. It’s the Spektrum Firma 85A 3300kv combo.

Actually they reccommend only a 35c battery but still 5000mah.
Screenshot_20210616-102014_Gallery.jpg

Bought a Voltage and ran with the included 1800 mah nimh battery. Then put in a 2s 5200 mah 80C lipo, runs much better.

I guess I was going off the Vorteks which shows 50c. Either way, I doubt a little 2,200mAh lipo would be able to support the power draw.
Actually a 2200mah will run the truck. I tried it when I first got my Big Rock and was waiting for my batteries to charge. I took a battery that I use in my helicopters and threw it in just to try out the truck. It ran fine on a 2200mah 45c battery.

Actually a 2200mah will run the truck. I tried it when I first got my Big Rock and was waiting for my batteries to charge. I took a battery that I use in my helicopters and threw it in just to try out the truck. It ran fine on a 2200mah 45c battery.
That's good. I've tried a smaller battery in my 3s typhon once and it hit LVC the first time I gave it full throttle.

Back