Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Lipo or nimh

Rto_13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I am trying to decide if i should go lipo or nimh on my granite mega. I know lipo is better in almost every way. The only problem is cost. Can you get a good lipo battery and charger for under $50?

Rto_13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I didn't really want to go lipo yet anyways

Operator7G

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
See http://www.arrma-rc.com/assets/images/YT9NNGANCHF2G4M2AWWEPVCEDPJWPE9QVQECU2UKQKCPCHE4RN.jpg If I'm interpreting the chart right, moving to LiPo also entails upgrading the ESC/motor combination to the BLS ESC/motor. That tells me that the MEGA ESC is only designed for NiMH batteries.

Having said that, upgrading to LiPos and the BLS is only going to buy you a few more mph than a 7-cell NiMH pack. If you don't have the LiPos or BLS combo, I would just stick with the MEGA and NiMH. If you want to increase your speeds and are ready to spend, I would look at going straight to the BLX-level setup, in which case I would recommend looking at the Castle Creations or Hobbywing ESCs as they have more tuning options, or check eBay for BLX systems that people are selling after having moved to a CC or HW ESC.

Rto_13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Thanks and no im not ready for bls

Unusual RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fury, Mojave
Normally the MEGA motor will be fried soon on 2S only.
But again this should not happen to the MEGA esc. It is lipo ready. So I would suggest to claim warranty.

Cheap lipos which are good are available. Depends on your location. Check hobbyking for example.

But I would not save money on a charger. That is a long term investment

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.