Granite Lipo pack trashed help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
So I just finished running my granite and I was doing one more jump and my pack came unsecured from the velcro and bounced around the truck. This is the second time this has happend and now the pack is destroyed. Along with the little ec5 adapter I have from amazon lol. I am planning on ordering some hard case ones also. But It definitly looks bad so what is a safe way to dispose it? Picture posted of pack also. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20191215_153548.jpg
    20191215_153548.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 108
Your charger should have a discharge setting. I wouldn't recommend doing it inside. Take it outside and discharge it completely then just throw it away. That is a nasty looking mess you have there lol

Take a bucket of water and add pounds of salt. Drop it in the bucket for a week. That will completely drain it. Toss it in the trash.

Take a bucket of water and add pounds of salt. Drop it in the bucket for a week. That will completely drain it. Toss it in the trash.
Thanks
Your charger should have a discharge setting. I wouldn't recommend doing it inside. Take it outside and discharge it completely then just throw it away. That is a nasty looking mess you have there lol
Yea I saw it flopping around the wheel well. It was one of those "one more jumps then I'll leave" I should of known. ?

I've heard Batteries, Bulbs Plus will take them if you have one nearby. Haven't tried it though.

Honestly that pack looks a lot worse than it actually is. The outer casing is destroyed but it seems like the metal cell is merely dented and a little malformed... no signs of being close to punctured (not sure about that black spot on top though) but it’s your decision :)

So I just finished running my granite and I was doing one more jump and my pack came unsecured from the velcro and bounced around the truck. This is the second time this has happend and now the pack is destroyed. Along with the little ec5 adapter I have from amazon lol. I am planning on ordering some hard case ones also. But It definitly looks bad so what is a safe way to dispose it? Picture posted of pack also. Thanks for the help!
Salt water soak for few days !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back