Lipo post-running voltage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a relatively old Rhino 6s pack. Lately I've been noticing that the voltages are not so even after running.

Today I took the car out, I had my Max 6 esc LVC set to 'Intermediate' like I always have, and ran the car. It was still running pretty strong when I called it a day - the LVC had not cut in at all.

Got home and connected the lipo to the charger, here were the voltages:

DSC_0479.JPG

They're all a bit low for my liking and one of them is exceptionally low. How can this be? Why didn't the LVC cut in?

Thanks for any help

Where does the intermediate LVC usually cut off? The ESC can only see the total voltage from all cells combined so it appeared to be at 3.36V per cell. The lipo may be on its way out. A lipo alarm is good for times like this, since you can set the alarm to go off based on a single cell hitting a specific voltage.

LVC uses total pack voltage to calculate the threshold. It can’t see individual cell values since you never plug in the balance plug. So if one cell is high enough, it will make up for the short cell. This pack might come back into balance if you drain and charge it enough. I have a discharger and would run it down to 3.4v per cell and then charge back to 4.2 on a slow rate (0.5C or less). And repeat until it balances out.

Can’t say I have an answer but does it fully charge balanced to 4.20 for all cells?
Yes.

Ah ok didn't realise it only saw the whole pack voltage. Maybe I should change the LVC setting to 'High'. Not sure why it doesn't allow you to set a desired voltage...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back