Lipo Protection? Overkill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the Amain Hobby site it says: Maximum Battery Capacity: 2x 6S 5000mAh (222Wh)

I am not sure if that means it can physically fit 2, or it is rated for 2!
Is there a difference between the Pulse and the Bat Safe?

Look identical and have the same exact wording for a description.
I’ll know soon enough. I ordered 2 of them. Just got an email from them that they shipped the product. Can’t wait till I receive those boxes. I can’t sleep at night. It’s 3am at night and I just woke up to check the Lipos. I check them about once every 6 hours.

They are one and the same. Owned by the same people. If you order from Bat-safe they will send you a pulse.

They hold a lot of batteries, I had 10 in one box. Not recommended but they hold plenty.

I can't confirm if it is 1 6s or two. But many video testing of the bat safe was done. I can't see how it is rated for 2. BAT SAFE made the original design. The Pulse may be a copy licensed or not, it appears identical. I have the middle size. Like the Pulse above.
Pulse is the same company?
Some Videos suggest it can handle 1 large 6s that explodes alone by itself within the bat safe. I wouldn't suggest that it be used as storage for 11 packs. Unless they are surely 3.8v or lower. Even then, if one lipo goes it becomes a chain reaction burn and the Bat safe probably won't handle 11 packs all together.

Last edited:
This is straight from the pulse website.
Same company...
33B9DC68-81B6-49D9-9E4D-A2D239DBDA2B.jpeg

Also from their site.

74871261-97A0-4EF7-B1B3-16A8A193808A.jpeg

Like I said tho, storing 10 batteries in one safe is not recommended! This is why I’ve added a second safe. ?

You also need to use common sense when dealing with dangerous items such as lipo’s. Just because they are in the safe doesn’t make it (dummy proof) They still need to be on a nonflammable surface and away from other flammable objects of course. It’s just an extra layer of protection!

Last edited:
My BS is a almost 2 years. I got a first run when it was released. Back then, there was small and large. Then added the tall deep BS. Ty for sharing. The videos of the BS igniting is cool.

They make a BIG one.
It’s not listed on the pulse site tho...
8331AC1F-13EA-4221-92C7-5CBB66E3BFED.png

This is what they say about capacity.

070BE64A-CE45-4DD7-A188-473A1D45ED80.png
608DC7B6-E790-429A-BDBA-32340D8EFAEF.jpeg

203AE600-D490-48D1-B091-93942C1CA825.jpeg

This is straight from the pulse website.
Same company...
View attachment 59044

Also from their site.

View attachment 59045

Like I said tho, storing 10 batteries in one safe is not recommended! This is why I’ve added a second safe. ?

You also need to use common sense when dealing with dangerous items such as lipo’s. Just because they are in the safe doesn’t make it (dummy proof) They still need to be on a nonflammable surface and away from other flammable objects of course. It’s just an extra layer of protection!
That says 2 packs while charging, not storing. ??‍♂️

That says 2 packs while charging, not storing. ??‍♂️
That’s why I posted the part where it gives the formula to calculate wh. (220 wh for the standard size safe) Also if they are at storage charge you can add 50% to that amount like it also says. So as long as you stay under the wh rates and latch the lid you should be ok. (Roughly about 5-6, 3s 5200mAh batteries at storage charge will be safe to store in the standard size safe)

No matter how you look at it they are definitely safer than those stupid lipo bags!!! or nothing at all...

I have a vented ammo can and a charge bag. I will pass on the box that I have to do math to be safe ????
What ever makes you feel ok about them ?‍♂️
?

URGENT! Tonight, I was just going through my Lipos and doing a basic storage charge! I got my first error code from my charger. “OVERCHARGE”. Everything stopped. Then I went to monitor to see what’s going on. I found this.
AA6D72E1-CE04-4131-A775-6AE30EAAEE6D.jpeg

I can’t live with this in my home. The battery is currently in the Pulse-Bat box. Recommendations? DISCHARGE IT and get rid of it?

URGENT! Tonight, I was just going through my Lipos and doing a basic storage charge! I got my first error code from my charger. “OVERCHARGE”. Everything stopped. Then I went to monitor to see what’s going on. I found this.
View attachment 61262
I can’t live with this in my home. The battery is currently in the Pulse-Bat box. Recommendations? DISCHARGE IT and get rid of it?
Your charger is going bad or something dude... that pack is barely even above its 50% voltage (3.7v) the maximum is 4.2V (which is what your charger charges it to before you run) anything north of that is overcharged. Your battery is fine according to the screen.

Your charger is going bad or something dude... that pack is barely even above its 50% voltage (3.7v) the maximum is 4.2V (which is what your charger charges it to before you run) anything north of that is overcharged. Your battery is fine according to the screen.
This ^ I see nothing wrong.

Bruh you are being way overly paranoid about this.

Yeah man, double check it with a lipo alarm if it makes you feel better but you’re almost at storage charge capacity. I’d say those cells look pretty darn good.
You don’t see that 29% while all the other cells are at 14%?
This ^ I see nothing wrong.

Bruh you are being way overly paranoid about this.

Cell 3 is at 29% while all other cells at are 14%. That’s not odd?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back