Lipo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauransx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
If you have a lipo in storage mode, how often should you cycle it if you plan on not using the lipo for a year or so? Tried to look it up but all i see is basic info, least what i found.

I don't know the answer to that..

But i guess the best way to go is: checkin your LIPO's every month.. If they dropped.. Just re-storage them.. 3.85vpc is the magic number.. At the very least you need to make sure they don't drop under 3.7vpc

I agree as long as it's in storage mode you should be fine they keep them on the shelves at the supply house for sometime. just as long as they're holding 3.8 all should be good.

Been 2 or 3 months and the volts are still 3.85. i just recall seeing a vid or w/e saying you should cycle once per month or 3 months to keep the cells healthy. was not sure of if i was recalling it right.

I have 4 3s that I use most of the time as pair's and a 4s I put up about 6 months ago after running it till low voltage kicked it off. I just started using it about 2 weeks ago runs like new and it's probably the cheapest brand lipo have lol. U will be ok as long as u don't store it fully charged.

If you have a lipo in storage mode, how often should you cycle it if you plan on not using the lipo for a year or so? Tried to look it up but all i see is basic info, least what i found.

Hi,
Good question. From what I understand from a buddy who has a Tesla, even if the Tesla has a storage mode, when the car is not used for months, the batterie can/would be unbalanced. So, before use it, you must recharge it to only balanced the batterie and avoid damage. There's no indication about number of cycles, but avoid empty/overcharge batterie.

I don't know if we can do a direct parallel with Lipo RC batterie but I would recharge it before using it.
In our case, we use batterie every week-end, even during winter in -20 Celsius. We never used storage mode...
PL

note; I find something in the same direction from EV;
https://www.plugincars.com/eight-tips-extend-battery-life-your-electric-car-107938.html

Hi,
Good question. From what I understand from a buddy who has a Tesla, even if the Tesla has a storage mode, when the car is not used for months, the batterie can/would be unbalanced. So, before use it, you must recharge it to only balanced the batterie and avoid damage. There's no indication about number of cycles, but avoid empty/overcharge batterie.

I don't know if we can do a direct parallel with Lipo RC batterie but I would recharge it before using it.
In our case, we use batterie every week-end, even during winter in -20 Celsius. We never used storage mode...
PL

note; I find something in the same direction from EV;
https://www.plugincars.com/eight-tips-extend-battery-life-your-electric-car-107938.html
I have to assume on a 1:1 car, there is always something causing a little bit of drain, like the car's cpu or something.

Regardless, I think for RC's, as long as you check the voltages every 30-90 days or so (depending on your level of concern) and the voltages are staying at 3.85, you shouldn't have to do anything extra.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back