Kraton Lipo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughmac24

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Long time rc but new to brushless.
I have 3 battery 2-2s 5000 35c and 1-4s 5000 35c.
The question is, can I use a 2s and a 4s to make 6s then use the same 2s battey along with the other 2s for 4s setup.

Long time rc but new to brushless.
I have 3 battery 2-2s 5000 35c and 1-4s 5000 35c.
The question is, can I use a 2s and a 4s to make 6s then use the same 2s battey along with the other 2s for 4s setup.
As long as they are same brand, c rating and mah you should have no problems. You would not want to use batteries with difffrent c rating or mah one may drain faster and over discharge...

As long as they are same brand, c rating and mAh you should have no problems. You would not want to use batteries with difffrent c rating or mAh one may drain faster and over discharge...
They are all the same. Just wondering if I use a 2s to make a 6s, can I still go back to using that same pack with another same 2s to make a 4s

They are all the same. Just wondering if I use a 2s to make a 6s, can I still go back to using that same pack with another same 2s to make a 4s
Yep... putting them together does not change the battery... you can use them separately or together in whatever como you like.

I believe you need to use like batteries. 2-2s or 2-3s to get your 4s or 6s. I would not put a 2s and a 4s together..... Might not work out the way your thinking! I would wait tell some others chime in before chancing it and wiping out all your electronics or blowing up a battery.

I believe you need to use like batteries. 2-2s or 2-3s to get your 4s or 6s. I would not put a 2s and a 4s together..... Might not work out the way your thinking! I would wait tell some others chime in before chancing it and wiping out all your electronics or blowing up a battery.
Well if you are using same brand c rating and mah then it should not matter one is 2s and one is 4s... they discharge at same rate... try google if your not sure... if you can use a 3s and 2s to get 5s its no diffrent... the important thing is they need to be same c rating and mah brand should also be same... if they are diffrent mah or c rating o e could over discharge and get damaged... also you should buy some lipo alarms and set lvc on alarm to 3.5 or higher to keep batteries from being damaged... i learned that the hard way... the alarms plug into the balance leads and alert you when batteries reach set voltage.

All 3 batts i have do have the same ratings. 5000mah 40c, corrected from 35c i previously stated.
I googled and found that some say yes and some say no. figured i would ask Kraton owners if they have done it before.
The Kraton arrives today, just getting my batts ready with xt90 connectors.
Last time I used electric running cars was in the 80's when I ran a Bolink carpet racer.lol

All 3 batts i have do have the same ratings. 5000mah 40c, corrected from 35c i previously stated.
I googled and found that some say yes and some say no. figured i would ask Kraton owners if they have done it before.
The Kraton arrives today, just getting my batts ready with xt90 connectors.
Last time I used electric running cars was in the 80's when I ran a Bolink carpet racer.lol
It is fine as long as they same mah and same c rating... you will be good to go check them tires brfore you run it mine were not glued very well...

Truck arrived and tried out the batts . first tried 2-2s batts and the truck ran great.
I was amazed at the accelleration and quick steering it has compared to all my Nitro vehicles.
I then got brave and tried the 4s pack with 1-2s and all I can say is "WOW!!" Makes my Losi 8ight look slow.

While looking over the esc settings I noticed (Punch Settings). Can anyone elaborate on this.
It sounds like something they had back for carpet racers where it determines how quick of a response you want to have when hitting the throttle.
Was leary about buying an electric again, but this definitly changed my mind. Nitro's my have to sit in the corner for a bit, lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back