Lipo safe to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi,

I am pretty new to the hobby and tou read a lot about lipo and explosies, today it seems the (soft) casing of my 1 month old lipo has cracked open a little after bashing, when is it no longer safe to use? Is it still safe to use this when cracked open a little?
20210530_173946.jpg

As mentioned many of times, I prefer my disposal technique....

Full charge, 100+ yards, .220 Swift

If the cells inside aren't deformed, it should be fine. Could use some tape if it's just the outer wrap. However, Arrma recommends hard case batteries for the 3s line. I've had the wrap on a soft case split towards the rear and applied some tape but now am only using hard case batteries.

That is just a split in the wrapping, it's just heatshrink and yes it's perfectly fine and safe to use.
Add some duct tape to protect it going forward. The silver cover is what you have to worry about, any sign of damage and dispose of it.

By all means it's beaten up, add padding or something to stop the abuse.

Thank you all for the advice, I could look inside a bit at the gray packaging and that was still good also felt it and did not feel cracks, seems only the outer packaging was torn a bit. It is beaten up by a landing on the back i think first days of sending all was good but this time not, i planned the car to be for my son but he wants to drive the old one, i do enjoy jumping it :p ill try adding some padding to lock it more in place, the cause Is this black one is my son but i suppose the arma fans recognise the colour of the granite

Back