Outcast Lipo Size and Protection for Outcast 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elazaro

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
What is your experience with higher mah Lipos for the Outcast 6S such as 5200, 6500, 7200 or 8000 6S's?

Does the weight increase of a larger Lipo significantly affect how it drives or does the power increase makes it worth it?

Any experience with G10 plates instead of a Hard Case?

I am currently running a 4500 6S Hard Case on the Outcast 6S but I don't think it's enough to handle the amp draw of the car... Cells are puffing.

Compare the battery measurements with the battery size that Arrma has posted for the vehicle. I had to get a larger tray for my Mojave, because the Arrma 6s tray (our models use the same tray) was too small for my larger battery.

My recommendation is to get better batteries. Personally, I am running a 6S Turnigy Graphene 45C 5000mAh battery on my truck, which has a larger motor and a Castle ESC with aggressive punch and the battery barely gets warm, even under speed runs.

Compare the battery measurements with the battery size that Arrma has posted for the vehicle. I had to get a larger tray for my Mojave, because the Arrma 6s tray (our models use the same tray) was too small for my larger battery.

My recommendation is to get better batteries. Personally, I am running a 6S Turnigy Graphene 45C 5000mAh battery on my truck, which has a larger motor and a Castle ESC with aggressive punch and the battery barely gets warm, even under speed runs.
Thanks. I am using an SMC True Spec Premium 22.2V 4500mAh 85Amps/90C but I might have gotten a bad one of something. SMC customer service has been great and I have been hearing lots of praise for them so hope my next pack works better. Do you think those Graphenes are underated in mah?

Thanks. I am using an SMC True Spec Premium 22.2V 4500mAh 85Amps/90C but I might have gotten a bad one of something. SMC customer service has been great and I have been hearing lots of praise for them so hope my next pack works better. Do you think those Graphenes are underated in mah?
My pack has been pretty much spot on for mAh in my estimations. I haven't done a full discharge on it to find out, but from full charge to my storage voltage of 3.7V/C it was 4200mAh last time I did it. That's about 80% discharged, which makes full capacity roughly 5200mAh. Pretty damn good.

My pack has been pretty much spot on for mAh in my estimations. I haven't done a full discharge on it to find out, but from full charge to my storage voltage of 3.7V/C it was 4200mAh last time I did it. That's about 80% discharged, which makes full capacity roughly 5200mAh. Pretty damn good.
Sounds great. That Graphene pack is aroung

The weight is not noticeable? The pack you are running is about 260 grams heavier than the 4500mah I have been using.
No issues with the soft case?

Sounds great. That Graphene pack is aroung

The weight is not noticeable? The pack you are running is about 260 grams heavier than the 4500mah I have been using.
No issues with the soft case?
I haven't seen any issues with weight. But I am running a different motor and esc. So I can't say for certain.

One important point - If your packs can't handle the amp draw, you need higher C rating, not higher MAH. (more MAH will help a bit, but C is the Driver)

Example -

4000mah 20C pack will have theoretical (4*20= 80) 80 amp capacity.
5000mah 20C pack will be (5*20=100) 100a capacity.
8000mah 20c pack will be (8*2=160) 160a capacity.
4000mah 50C pack will have (4*50=200) 200 amp capacity.
5000mah 25C pack will have (5*25=125) 125a

I am using an SMC True Spec Premium 22.2V 4500mAh 85Amps/90C

If you stay with the current SMC line-up, you almost can't enough amps for a 1/8 truck unless you their high end "Extreme" line packs. Ignore the 90C printed on the label, and look at their "True" amp rating - 95A. (95/4.5=21.1) - that is a high dollar 20C battery.

IMHO, for the Arrma 1/8 power system (BLX185 motor/ESC) you need batteries that can handle a TRUE load of about 150 amps. The sucky part of this is, almost every battery seller simply LIES about the C ratings. The BEST packs available to us hobby folks are about 55C...

One important point - If your packs can't handle the amp draw, you need higher C rating, not higher MAH. (more MAH will help a bit, but C is the Driver)

Example -

4000mah 20C pack will have theoretical (4*20= 80) 80 amp capacity.
5000mah 20C pack will be (5*20=100) 100a capacity.
8000mah 20c pack will be (8*2=160) 160a capacity.
4000mah 50C pack will have (4*50=200) 200 amp capacity.
5000mah 25C pack will have (5*25=125) 125a

If you stay with the current SMC line-up, you almost can't enough amps for a 1/8 truck unless you their high end "Extreme" line packs. Ignore the 90C printed on the label, and look at their "True" amp rating - 95A. (95/4.5=21.1) - that is a high dollar 20C battery.

IMHO, for the Arrma 1/8 power system (BLX185 motor/ESC) you need batteries that can handle a TRUE load of about 150 amps. The sucky part of this is, almost every battery seller simply LIES about the C ratings. The BEST packs available to us hobby folks are about 55C...
Thanks, yes the high amp draw of the BLX185 system and it's non-adjustable low voltage limit is tough on batteries. Which Lipo's would you recommend for this Outcast 6S truck?

I use this site to determine what battery packs I will buy next. The test results are put together by a couple of guys on the rcgroups.com forums. The testing is pretty damn thorough, and they provide graphs and explanations for the ratings.

LiPo Ratings

Nothing is simple. Just ordering a Notorious and was told I need two 3S batteries with 5000mah and 50C. Gen Ace are what I've been offered. I want a spare set as well so want to make sure I get it right.

I use this site to determine what battery packs I will buy next. The test results are put together by a couple of guys on the rcgroups.com forums. The testing is pretty damn thorough, and they provide graphs and explanations for the ratings.

LiPo Ratings
Thanks for sharing!
Nothing is simple. Just ordering a Notorious and was told I need two 3S batteries with 5000mah and 50C. Gen Ace are what I've been offered. I want a spare set as well so want to make sure I get it right.
I have no experience with 3S x 2, just one 4500 6S. The truck is amazing, it puts a huge smile on my face every time I run it. I just upgraded to sealed bearings as rain season is beginning here.

LiPo Ratings
The Rhino 5000 50C looks like a solid option from the chart. It's heavily discounted now on HobbyKing for $35.
1588093568490.png

This one is also very well rated and is on sale now from CNHL. I run their Lipos on my FPV drones and they have never let me know, but they are heavier than usual as I think they under-rate the mah to have better performace.
1588093736417.png

Last edited:
I run hobbystar 6200mah 3S 50C packs in my outcast and really prefer how it drives/jumps/lands with 5000mah HRB 50C packs in it. I'll likely stick with 5000mah packs in the future when the 6200's die on me. The run time difference isn't worth the strain it puts on the truck. More weight = more heat, harder landings, shorter run time to a point. I get like 2 minutes run time difference between the packs running the way I bash at the place I bash, I can rip through 8 packs in a couple hours pretty easily and I've run them all back to back.

Thanks for sharing!

I have no experience with 3S x 2, just one 4500 6S. The truck is amazing, it puts a huge smile on my face every time I run it. I just upgraded to sealed bearings as rain season is beginning here.

The Rhino 5000 50C looks like a solid option from the chart. It's heavily discounted now on HobbyKing for $35.
View attachment 77343
This one is also very well rated and is on sale now from CNHL. I run their Lipos on my FPV drones and they have never let me know, but they are heavier than usual as I think they under-rate the mah to have better performace.
View attachment 77347
elazaro,
I just want to double check something real quick - are you running the CNHL G+ 5000 6S pack you have picture you have pictured there in the Kraton/Outcast V3 battery tray? I want some order some but the size on their website is bigger than what Armma says fits. Please let me know because I want to order a couple of these soon. Thanks!

Get the China hobby. Great batteries for the price

@Outcastblxnut Are you running these CNHL G+ 5000 6S packs (the white label, not the black label)? Do they fit in the V3 battery tray?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back