Lipo, size and runtime questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_B

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Wazzaap

Fearly newb to the game, newb qustion incomming....

Got a Kraton 6s which i run on 2x3s 5000mah batteries. This give me a runtime between 5-10 minutes, depending on how hard i drive.
only have one set of batteries som i plan to buy some moore :)

How large battery do you run in your kraton 6s (mah)? i hope to get some extra runtime out of my next set, so curious on what size and runtime everyone gets (i know its highly dependent on driveing style etc).

any tips are welcome:)

10-15 min is normal when you are bashing WOT. What pinion size? Watch your temps on on the motor!
Battery wise you should stay in the 5-6500mHh range mainly due to weight.
Only a matter of temperature on flat grass and weight if you do jumps.
I use 6S 5000mAh and 4S 6500mAh.

Thanks for fast reply :)

I use the stock pinion (not the "speed pinion") since i only bash around.
Got a IR temp gun coming in the mail, will do some test and check motor temp. When bashing around now the motor is covered in snow :D

Will try out some 3s 6000mAh(and maybe 6500mAh) and see if i can squeese out some extra minutes.

The problem with larger packs is two fold;

Heavier so you will break more often

Run longer and risk overheating

Stick with the 5000-6000mah packs and just buy more sets. ??

I average 15-18 minutes with HRB 50C 2x5000mah 3S and 18-20 minutes with Hobbystar 50C 2x6200mah 3S packs. The heavier packs are noticable and I'll likely stick with 5000mah packs in the future.

I time every single run and I bash alone, so there's very little sitting around time. I'm either bashing or swapping out packs or swapping trucks.

I average on the lower side when I'm at the grass bmx track and higher side when I'm at the skateparks. Less rolling resistance and less WOT at skate parks.

I average 15-18 minutes with HRB 50C 2x5000mah 3S and 18-20 minutes with Hobbystar 50C 2x6200mah 3S packs. The heavier packs are noticable and I'll likely stick with 5000mah packs in the future.

I time every single run and I bash alone, so there's very little sitting around time. I'm either bashing or swapping out packs or swapping trucks.

I average on the lower side when I'm at the grass bmx track and higher side when I'm at the skateparks. Less rolling resistance and less WOT at skate parks.

thanks for good advices :) Didn´t think about rolling resistance (snow, grass, asphalt etc), so no i have set up my radio (Flysky NB4) with a timer function on one of the switches. Going to start logging runtime and underlay.

noob question: What does WOT stand for?

thanks for good advices :) Didn´t think about rolling resistance (snow, grass, asphalt etc), so no i have set up my radio (Flysky NB4) with a timer function on one of the switches. Going to start logging runtime and underlay.

noob question: What does WOT stand for?
Wide open throttle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back