LiPo Storage Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creodo

Reaction score
So I‘ve always used my Traxxas balance charger for my Hoovo lipos and when storing, it discharges them to half capacity (3.85v/cell).

I recently got a new charger: the Tenergy TB6B. It’s great, but when I put my lipos through the store function it only discharges them to 3.92-3.95v/cell.

Anyone know if there’s a way to change this, or if they’re okay to leave at 3.95v? I’m only leaving them for about a week right now but it’ll be good to know for the future.

Another note - the traxxas charger charges the cells within 0.005v of each other, but with the tenergy the cells finish the charge cycle with a 0.025v difference.

Should I just use the traxxas charger to discharge my lipos from now on?

So I‘ve always used my Traxxas balance charger for my Hoovo lipos and when storing, it discharges them to half capacity (3.85v/cell).

I recently got a new charger: the Tenergy TB6B. It’s great, but when I put my lipos through the store function it only discharges them to 3.92-3.95v/cell.

Anyone know if there’s a way to change this, or if they’re okay to leave at 3.95v? I’m only leaving them for about a week right now but it’ll be good to know for the future.

Another note - the traxxas charger charges the cells within 0.005v of each other, but with the tenergy the cells finish the charge cycle with a 0.025v difference.

Should I just use the traxxas charger to discharge my lipos from now on?
Your discharge rate adjustable on the voltage? With the spectrum chargers it’s there recommendation you keep lipos at 3.80 volts per cell with no issues for me personally

The charger should be adjustable if it has storage charge. Anything from 3.8-3.85 per cell is fine. All my new lipos come within this parameter out the box. Use the charger that will get them in the correct storage.

3.95V/cell isn't too bad, at least for short term storage. You shouldn't see any noticeable degradation; it's only once you get over 4.10V or so that they go bad quickly in storage. 3.80-3.85V/cell or below 50% SoC is safer as the reaction will be less energetic in case of thermal runaway, and thermal runaway will be harder to initiate. I would tweak it if you can figure out how but I wouldn't worry much if you can't.

Yes, many chargers now have multiple functions, including a storage function that allows the battery voltage to be regulated to a safe level.
I now have a better feeling about gensacearespammers's imars dual channel charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back