Lipo storage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I just throw a battery on the charger and put in storage mode and it does what it needs to do it do the battery have to be discharged? Say I have full battery can I just put it in storage mode and go or do I need do any thing first?. Thanks
Yes most chargers will do just that. It will likely take a long time for the average charger to discharge a full 6S pack, but it will do it.

Yes most chargers will do just that. It will likely take a long time for the average charger to discharge a full 6S pack, but it will do it.
Yea I sure just it would. Just wanted to check before I messed up my batteries. So what do u do after ur done running them u just throw them on storage mode? That the best thing to do. Then just charge before u want run again?

Yea I sure just it would. Just wanted to check before I messed up my batteries. So what do u do after ur done running them u just throw them on storage mode? That the best thing to do. Then just charge before u want run again?
Depends on what voltage they are at:

• Below 3.8v per cell I put on the charger in storage mode
  • Above 3.8v per cell I put on my discharger to get them below 3.7v per cell, then on the charger for storage mode

Depends on what voltage they are at:

• Below 3.8v per cell I put on the charger in storage mode
  • Above 3.8v per cell I put on my discharger to get them below 3.7v per cell, then on the charger for storage mode
So with all that being said do you leave them connected to the charger in storage mode or just until they are down to below 3.7v? Curious because I'm new also and have mine in a lipo bag not connected but reading 3.78v on all 3 cells.

So with all that being said do you leave them connected to the charger in storage mode or just until they are down to below 3.7v? Curious because I'm new also and have mine in a lipo bag not connected but reading 3.78v on all 3 cells.
My charger tells me when it's full or done and then I take off charger and put in my battery bag

I have a discharger that drains mine. It has a setting for how low you want to go. I set mine to 3.7v to ensure all cells are below 3.8v with voltage sag. This allows them to get charged back to storage and allows me to ensure all cells are well balanced.

What charger do you have?
My charger does not 'drain' a full battery into storage mode on the 'storage' setting, it has a specific discharge mode for that.

Discharging can take very long as these chargers are not designed for discharging. Really depends on your battery size and the charger.

My charger does not 'drain' a full battery into storage mode on the 'storage' setting, it has a specific discharge mode for that.

Discharging can take very long as these chargers are not designed for discharging. Really depends on your battery size and the charger.
cameringo_20200920_200556.jpg

I have two SkyRC chargers and both will discharge down or charge up to storage on the storage setting. Obviously going up is much faster as they charge at up to 10A. My smaller charger can discharge at 1A and the larger at 2A. However my discharger can do up to 30A, but is watt limited at 200W. Still way faster to dump packs.

@Jordan10R Yes, that one will discharge when in storage mode. It will take a long time though. It has a max discharge of 5W.
If that is a 3S 5000mAh battery - 3*4V*5Ah = 60Wh and at 5W = 60/5 = 12h. My guess easily in the 10h range.
If this is a 6S its double but you can figure out that math ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back