Lipo Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmAh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
What are you guys using to store your lipos? I know many people are using ammo tins but i'm in Canada and well...those are far and few in between, also quite pricey. Any suggestions?

I have a lipo bag but when winter comes, i'd like to store it something that's more secure for longer times.
Small BBC pit works well and cheap.

I'm in Canada as well got my ammo cans from Princess Auto, don't remember what I paid but they were cheap.

What are you guys using to store your lipos? I know many people are using ammo tins but i'm in Canada and well...those are far and few in between, also quite pricey. Any suggestions?
They are all over ebay
Get a cheap lipo bag from eBay or amazon. They're better than nothing ??‍♀️
Just barely though a 2200mah 2s lipo can easily burn through them.

I'm in Canada as well got my ammo cans from Princess Auto, don't remember what I paid but they were cheap.
Luv princess auto.......it’s the zombie apocalypse go to store...
Ps.
make sure to remove the rubber seal or drill some holes in these boxes. If they remain airtight, they will blow.

They’re easy to find in Canada, $9.99-$29.99 at any princess auto.

They’re easy to find in Canada, $9.99-$29.99 at any princess auto.
I had some dude tell me this that lived in Australia once, I went on eBay Australia and found thousands of them for like $20.

I had some dude tell me this that lived in Australia once, I went on eBay Australia and found thousands of them for like $20.
Princess auto in Winnipeg has about 200 of these on the shelf for $10

Attachments

• 7A3F6460-E8B2-444F-8424-58EB90BBCDEA.jpeg
    7A3F6460-E8B2-444F-8424-58EB90BBCDEA.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 52
Few 3s lipos, in a lipo bag inside a Harbor Freight metal ammo can. With half its rubber gasket removed ( for ventilation ) no holes drilled. Removing most of the gasket allows air flow and still allows pressure to leave in case of fire or explosion. And my last safety measure is a smoke detector placed about 2-3 ft over it. And a kitchen sized fire extinguisher in the same room

I have thought about leaving two bottles of water in there, my idea was in case of fire it would melt the bottle and maybe help extinguish itself a little (but i think its overkill). The can sits on a small brick off the floor. This inexpensive option, offers me peace of mind, & hope I never see the need for it to be tested.

I would suggest if anyone uses a ammo can or other metal type can. Paint of cover the insides, or store lipos in a bag to reduce chance or having the leads make a contact of something else.

Also theres a very good posting on here, I remember reading not long ago to get more ideas (for example, someone said they store them in there charcoal bbq in a lipo bag)

From youtube videos i have seen. it seems drilling just makes pilot holes for flames to escape & shoot out of.

Few 3s lipos, in a lipo bag inside a Harbor Freight metal ammo can. With half its rubber gasket removed ( for ventilation ) no holes drilled. Removing most of the gasket allows air flow and still allows pressure to leave in case of fire or explosion. And my last safety measure is a smoke detector placed about 2-3 ft over it. And a kitchen sized fire extinguisher in the same room

I have thought about leaving two bottles of water in there, my idea was in case of fire it would melt the bottle and maybe help extinguish itself a little (but i think its overkill). The can sits on a small brick off the floor. This inexpensive option, offers me peace of mind, & hope I never see the need for it to be tested.

I would suggest if anyone uses a ammo can or other metal type can. Paint of cover the insides, or store lipos in a bag to reduce chance or having the leads make a contact of something else.

Also theres a very good posting on here, I remember reading not long ago to get more ideas (for example, someone said they store them in there charcoal bbq in a lipo bag)

From youtube videos i have seen. it seems drilling just makes pilot holes for flames to escape & shoot out of.
Water won't do anything to a lipo fire, they can still burn under water, sand should work though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back