Kraton Lipo use and maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulybatz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am not
Sure what to do with the battery.

I got the setup second hand.

Not sure if the battery is 100 %

How do I check it

Also how do you maintain a battery / etc.

I charged it last night. Ran it last night for about 5 mins and today for 10...still has charge. Not sure if you just leave it or what. It's. 6s 9200 100c

Thank you. So I charged the battery yesterday. Used it for 5 mins. Used it today for 10. Should I discharge it or leave it. I may not get to use it till Tuesday.

* and to find discharge / storage mode on the charger is another story. I have two

Here is one. The other is an onyx single battery charger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 39
Thank you. So I charged the battery yesterday. Used it for 5 mins. Used it today for 10. Should I discharge it or leave it. I may not get to use it till Tuesday.

* and to find discharge / storage mode on the charger is another story. I have two

General rule of thumb is to keep keep at storage voltage (3.85v) when not in use. Storing it at a higher voltage for more than 12hours/24 hours may damage the batt. Btw, do not select discharge, but rather storage mode on your charger. If it as LVC, it will charge it up to storage voltage, otherwise it will discharge it.

Thank you!!!

I have it going into storage mode.

Also, the guy I bought it from
Says this is normal and he only used it 8 times. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 52
Is this correct for my battery 6s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 42
Yea. I'm arguing with the guy on eBay. I may send his whole rig back if he doesn't refund me for a new battery.

Looks puffed from here. Is it worse right after use ? I would never purchase a used lipo (or any other battery), unless I personally knew the seller and the history. And it would still have to be a really sweet deal.

How long will it take to charge regularly and at the storage mode. 1.5 hours and it wasn't done to complete the storage charge.

I'll try again later. I didn't trust leaving it alone for an hour.

With the 80W charger and battery being a 6S 9200mah (sheesh that's high capacity) it could take a while.

Given the condition of the battery I'd set the charger to 1 or 2 amps and keep an eye on the battery for swelling/puffing/heating if you decide to charge it again. I know that'll take a while but better to be safe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back