Typhon Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmablx3s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Wanted to take the typhon out for a night speed run but it’s to dam hot out what would be the best way to prolong the battery life of my lipo since I only seem to run it on weekends since I’m so busy with work during the week and it’s to dam hot after I get off work Weeknd mornings seem to the best time. Do I leave it dead after a run and charge it before my next run even if it’s a week before I run it again? Or charge it after my run and leave it fully charged until the next run session if that makes sense

If you can, periodically check the resistance to make sure you don't have any cell imbalance. That's when fires happen.

@LMC has it right. In more detail: After running the lipos, as soon as you get home put them on a charger and charge them to around 3.8 Volts per cell (+- 0.05 V is totally fine). Before you go out to bash, balance charge them to 4.2 Volts per cell. You can do this two or three hours before, but try to not leave them at 4.2 Volts over night.

Failing to do any of this will not instantly destroy your lipos. But every time they are not stored right, it causes strain and shortens their lifespan.

Also, get some fire-retardant lipo bags if you don't have any yet. Put the lipos in there whenever they are not in your car. Especially during charging.
The chances of anything bad happening are slim. But lipo bags are cheap and they might be what keeps your house from burning down one day.

Wanted to take the typhon out for a night speed run but it’s to dam hot out what would be the best way to prolong the battery life of my lipo since I only seem to run it on weekends since I’m so busy with work during the week and it’s to dam hot after I get off work Weeknd mornings seem to the best time. Do I leave it dead after a run and charge it before my next run even if it’s a week before I run it again? Or charge it after my run and leave it fully charged until the next run session if that makes sense

dude, there is a plethora of info regarding lipo operation/charging/ balancing, storage, etc all over the interwebs....Check out YouTube and don't burn your house down.
Never leave a lipo fully charged for a week is my short answer.....

@LMC has it right. In more detail: After running the lipos, as soon as you get home put them on a charger and charge them to around 3.8 Volts per cell (+- 0.05 V is totally fine). Before you go out to bash, balance charge them to 4.2 Volts per cell. You can do this two or three hours before, but try to not leave them at 4.2 Volts over night.

Failing to do any of this will not instantly destroy your lipos. But every time they are not stored right, it causes strain and shortens their lifespan.

Also, get some fire-retardant lipo bags if you don't have any yet. Put the lipos in there whenever they are not in your car. Especially during charging.
The chances of anything bad happening are slim. But lipo bags are cheap and they might be what keeps your house from burning down one day.
Yea I always balance charge them I was told by the local hobby shop the best way to go is balance charging prolongs the battery So basically don’t leave them fully charged at 4.2 volts over night even if it’s one night and storage charge them at around 3.8 volts ? How long usually do they take to storage charge at that voltage ?

dude, there is a plethora of info regarding lipo operation/charging/ balancing, storage, etc all over the interwebs....Check out YouTube and don't burn your house down.
Never leave a lipo fully charged for a week is my short answer.....
Thanks man I’ll check those out

Yea I always balance charge them I was told by the local hobby shop the best way to go is balance charging prolongs the battery So basically don’t leave them fully charged at 4.2 volts over night even if it’s one night and storage charge them at around 3.8 volts ? How long usually do they take to storage charge at that voltage ?
It depends on where your ESC cuts off and if you balance charge to storage (not necessary). With the high LVC of my BLX100, it takes like 10 minutes to storage charge a lipo if I don't balance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back