Outcast Lipo's getting hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knust

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Anyone have issues with lipo's getting hot? I run 4s in my Outcast turned into a Kraton. 2 5200 50c batteries. They get around 140-145 at the end of a bash. I run a 16t pinion, motor is around 140, and esc is around 130.

That’s about what mine (6s) ended up at this past weekend, I think that’s about what they get to in summertime. Some guys will chill them down in a cooler for quicker recharge, I just have a lot of batteries and usually run out of trucks before I run out of batteries...

Good to know. I live in SW Fl so it's hot for sure. No issues with puffing?

So far they are okay. I have one 6s lipo that puffs just a tiny bit but goes down. It’s been that way for almost a year though. I’ll have to run my 4s packs and see how hot they get. When it gets up into the ‘90’s it’s hard to keep things cool. Definitely watching my battery temps in this weather and so far like you I’m getting 140-150f after a pretty spirited run.

Anyone have issues with lipo's getting hot? I run 4s in my Outcast turned into a Kraton. 2 5200 50c batteries. They get around 140-145 at the end of a bash. I run a 16t pinion, motor is around 140, and esc is around 130.
What brand of batteries are they. gensacearespammers bashing by any chance?

I notice that my HRB 5000mah 3S packs get warmer than my hobbystar 6200mah packs do in my outcast. I kind of went a little batty with battery buying recently and ended up with 4 of the 6200's so now the 5000's just sit in a drawer as I charge and take the 4 6200's with me, then recharge in the field if needed. They perform better HRB 5000's in general and give me more run time. Both brands are labeled as 50C.

I haven't run either of them when it was much over 78F outside yet. Was going to go out this weekend, but had other things going on. It's been above 80F here for the past couple of weeks, but a lot of rain.

The packs I'm having the issue with are Zee 7.4 5000 mah 50c. They perform fine just get hot. My 7.4 6000 mah 80c are fine. I run 2 2s packs so I can swap 1 pack out if need be instead of a losing a whole 4s pack. From what I have read anything over 140f is dangerous. Batteries chemistry gets unstable.

Well, the 50C could be a bit exaggerated on the zee's and with more capacity on the 6000mah, they are able to put out more current than the 5000's just due to the cell's size. I have a 5200mah hobbystar that's 45C and it gets pretty warm running in my 3S trucks.

My batteries mentioned above are all hobbystar 6s hardcase. 50c 4500 or 4800mah. Can't remember. Going out tomorrow and will check temps and run some other brands to see if they are cooler.

Well, the 50C could be a bit exaggerated on the zee's and with more capacity on the 6000mah, they are able to put out more current than the 5000's just due to the cell's size. I have a 5200mah hobbystar that's 45C and it gets pretty warm running in my 3S trucks.
My 45c 5200 hobbystars also get a bit warm. Definitely a bit underrated compared to other 40-50c packs I’ve owned. So far no puffing and no out of wonk cells 80 runs later at least.

My 45c 5200 hobbystars also get a bit warm. Definitely a bit underrated compared to other 40-50c packs I’ve owned. So far no puffing and no out of wonk cells 80 runs later at least.
I had 2 of them at first. Was intending on running them in my smaller 1/10 trucks as the stampede battery tray is limited to the smaller hard case pack dimensions. One of them dropped a cell after the 4th use. Instead of buying more, I tore apart some of my old 2S SMC 7200mah lipos and built a couple 3S packs out of them. Since they are so much taller, I don't even use the other 5200 that was ok anymore as the battery hold down had to be modified to use the 7200's in my stampede. I could still run it easily in my ejato though as it just uses velcro straps.

So far, the 6800 3S hobbystar packs are holding up well. They are too big for the stampede, but I got them to use in my outcast and savage flux. Guess the bad 5200 was just a dud.

I had 2 of them at first. Was intending on running them in my smaller 1/10 trucks as the stampede battery tray is limited to the smaller hard case pack dimensions. One of them dropped a cell after the 4th use. Instead of buying more, I tore apart some of my old 2S SMC 7200mah lipos and built a couple 3S packs out of them. Since they are so much taller, I don't even use the other 5200 that was ok anymore as the battery hold down had to be modified to use the 7200's in my stampede. I could still run it easily in my ejato though as it just uses velcro straps.

So far, the 6800 3S hobbystar packs are holding up well. They are too big for the stampede, but I got them to use in my outcast and savage flux. Guess the bad 5200 was just a dud.
Eh from what I hear you’re not the only one to have a dud hobbystar. I mean you pay less for them compared to other brands they don’t match the cells quite as well, so it’s just a matter of getting lucky

Eh from what I hear you’re not the only one to have a dud hobbystar. I mean you pay less for them compared to other brands they don’t match the cells quite as well, so it’s just a matter of getting lucky
Or unlucky. ;)

After seeing the hurting @Rich Duperbash puts on his 6S packs, I figured I'd give them another try, which is why I ordered my first set of the 6200's. I got the second set due to a $10 off sale. Nice pack for $40 a piece. Not bad even at $50.

Or unlucky. ;)

After seeing the hurting @Rich Duperbash puts on his 6S packs, I figured I'd give them another try, which is why I ordered my first set of the 6200's. I got the second set due to a $10 off sale. Nice pack for $40 a piece. Not bad even at $50.
I've had very good luck with mine. Better than SPC, SMC, and my budget Turnigy packs. The fact RCJuice is 5 minutes from my house ? is a big plus too?.

I've had very good luck with mine. Better than SPC, SMC, and my budget Turnigy packs. The fact RCJuice is 5 minutes from my house ? is a big plus too?.

Do you prefer 1x6S or 2x3S?
I have only run the True Spec Premium 6S 4500mAh 85Amps/90C but it's puffing more each day after less than 20 runs on a stock Outcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back