Lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Anyone had any luck getting a hardcase lipo apart? My positive lead came loose from inside the pack today. Wasn't even bashing, just doing some street runs! Was hoping to repair it, seems almost impossible getting the two sides apart.:mad:

I have used an exacto knife and continually scored the hard case to the point of failure.
Be stupid careful not to go so far as to strike the cell within.
Once you get a weak spot it should come apart easily as mine did.
Good luck but be careful.

I have used an exacto knife and continually scored the hard case to the point of failure.
Be stupid careful not to go so far as to strike the cell within.
Once you get a weak spot it should come apart easily as mine did.
Good luck but be careful.
The case is cracking at the seam, but the glue is still holding. I definitely don't want to puncture a cell. I wonder if its worth even messing with? Sucks though, only have 12 cycles on this lipo.

If you are any wee bit concerned that you will poke a cell, just go out side a way from flammable stuff.

it’s an unfortunate way to lose a new LiPo just be careful.

The case is cracking at the seam, but the glue is still holding. I definitely don't want to puncture a cell. I wonder if its worth even messing with? Sucks though, only have 12 cycles on this lipo.
Once mine began to crack along the seam I belive I used 2 small pairs of needle nose tools to then become a little more forcible with it.
It did submit to the endless barrage of tools and cuss words.

Once mine began to crack along the seam I belive I used 2 small pairs of needle nose tools to then become a little more forcible with it.
I'll go at it again tomorrow! I don't think it's unsafe at this point, but it's in a lipo bag for piece of mind.

Got it apart today without destroying it. It didn’t come unsoldered, the tab broke in half that the positive was connected to. Luckily I was able to repair it. Ordered some large shrink to seal it back up. Hopefully it will last, only time will tell. ??

Got it apart today without destroying it. It didn’t come unsoldered, the tab broke in half that the positive was connected to. Luckily I was able to repair it. Ordered some large shrink to seal it back up. Hopefully it will last, only time will tell. ??
It should last as long as it would have previous your repair.
Congrats on the repair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back