List your top 5 favorite rc cars or trucks that you own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC fan

Military Veteran
Reaction score
List your top 5 favorite rc cars or trucks that you own in order from 1 to 5 greatest to least with a one sentence statement giving readers insight as to what characteristics you like or dislike about the vehicle from personal experience. The purpose of this thread is to help me make an inform decision on my next purchase from people who can tell me things that matter to me before I invest big bucks. For example I wish I would have known that my erevo would break almost every time I take it for a run. I learned later that this was common knowledge.

My top 5 favorite from greatest to least.

1. Kraton. It's fast, doesn't tip over at high speeds, and most of all doesn't break every time I play with it.
2. X Maxx 8s - Very durable, and can be ran on any terrain including my backyard with tall grass.
3. Outcast- fast durable and a fun stunt truck.
4. Erevo. Fast and fun even though it breaks every time I take it out.
5. Rustler. I put on street tires and love speeding through the empty Walmart parking lot.

I miss the Nero! ;-)
When I was interested to 1:8, I also looked for the E-Revo.
When I was at my dealer and asked for the E.Revo, he shows me the the Big Rock and offer me to drive both on the parking place.
At least I took the Nero Big Rock. Just check the internet concerning damages of the Revo-diffs.
One possible stronger choice will be the Summit with stronger parts inbuilt.

From you´re list I will suggest the Outcast, because of my tracks here. (but I am lucky with my Big Rock!)

I miss the Nero! ;-)
When I was interested to 1:8, I also looked for the E-Revo.
When I was at my dealer and asked for the E.Revo, he shows me the the Big Rock and offer me to drive both on the parking place.
At least I took the Nero Big Rock. Just check the internet concerning damages of the Revo-diffs.
One possible stronger choice will be the Summit with stronger parts inbuilt.

From you´re list I will suggest the Outcast, because of my tracks here. (but I am lucky with my Big Rock!)
The Nero is on my short list but I'm wondering if the servos on the diffs can hold up to the bashing. Do they hold up for you?

Diff lock is noting for hard bashing, but they are very helpful un mud, snow and on ice.
You can use the middle diff, but not the diffs of the axles while normal bashing.
I do so. I got my Big Rock end of November and running 4 and 6s with the small pinion.
Drive train till yet OK. Just an body stand where broken while an bad landing after a jump.

Similar with the other three Neros from my girlfriend and two colleagues....
But think about, it´s an heavy truck and if you smash it against something, some more parts will break than an lightweight car.

Regards,
Lonee

Number 1 is, Kraton, Outcast, Typhon, Fazon, Nero
Number 2 is ????? Hardly touch my others.

Number 2 is ????? Hardly touch my others.[/
Diff lock is noting for hard bashing, but they are very helpful un mud, snow and on ice.
You can use the middle diff, but not the diffs of the axles while normal bashing.
I do so. I got my Big Rock end of November and running 4 and 6s with the small pinion.
Drive train till yet OK. Just an body stand where broken while an bad landing after a jump.

Similar with the other three Neros from my girlfriend and two colleagues....
But think about, it´s an heavy truck and if you smash it against something, some more parts will break than an lightweight car.

Regards,
Lonee
Thanks. That is good information to know.

Number 2 is ????? Hardly touch my others.
You know have me changing my question from which RC vehicle to get to which arrma vehicle to get next.

Favourites to date:
1. Outcast
2. Slash 4x4 Ultimate
3. Rustler VXL
4. EMAXX (sidewinder 8th/2200kv combo)
5. Stampede 4x4 VXL

List soon to be updated to: (order subject to change after all are parked in the garage, could be awhile...)
1. Outcast
2. XMAXX 8s
3. Kraton
4. Losi Rock Rey
5. Slash 4x4 Ultimate with Monster X/2200kv combo

Unlike some of the issues that regularly get mentioned about Traxxas vehicles, mine have been solid over the years with just the expected parts breaking, but I have also ran them within reasonable limits for the way they were designed.

After owning the Outcast now for a few months (which is one of the most fun trucks I've ever ran btw!) I can clearly see the difference in design and build quality which in turn allows for much higher tolerances of abuse and much better bang for your buck out of the box!

I'm now going to sell off some of the other RC's I have and restock with 2, 3 & 4 above as funds allow!!

Love the Arrma's, Typhon might find it's way into the garage at some point as well!

Thanks. That is good information to know.

You know have me changing my question from which RC vehicle to get to which arrma vehicle to get next.
Seriously, I really can't answer this question as I like them all for different reasons so it's hard to choose! And I actually enjoy beating on my Redcat Terremoto 10, so for #2 I would say my Redcats, The MT8E and the Terremoto 10

Last edited:
Thats my car corner... just girlfriends Nero is jumping outside and one D-Nano and two 1:36 Losi DT are in another shelf.
We have Tamiya, LRP, DF-Mali Racing, Axial,Absima,.. and and and.
which car I can suggest?

IMG_0001.JPG

Since I only have 5 rc's I can't say which 5 are my top favorite. But in the order that I like them are:
1) arrma outcast, very easy to work on and can take a hard beating. Cons: big hard to transport.
2) arrma nero, big and durable. Some people have bad luck with this one. But I believe that if you have the right upgrade parts where they count they will help with breakage. Cons: hard to work on, very heavy.
3) traxxas stampede 4x4, light weight and very durable. Very fun with 3s lipo. Cons: traxxss makes too many plastic parts that can easily brake.
4) hpi savage xs, very small and fast. Very durable and can easily be transported to places. Cons: slipper clutch gets destroid very easily.
5) traxxas e-erevo 1/16 vxl, very small and fast. Can be transported easily. Cons: brakes too much even with upgrades. A little disappointed that traxxss makes cool cars but with too many plastic components.

Hi

At the moment I only own 4 RC Cars but I have owned at least 12. So I'm going to list the top five I did and do own.

1) A.E. RC10GT The toughest RC I have ever owned.
2) A.E. Nitro TC3
3) HPI Savage 25 SS
4) Nanda Swift 1/8th scale Buggy
5) Arrma Raider XL BLX

In no particular order. Just depends on the circumstances

Outcast
Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy w/Tekin setup
Nero
Hobao Hyper VT w/ BLX200 setup
Losi xxl2 gasoline

Currently running Outcast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back