Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO) Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjjeep

Reaction score
I've been researching LiPo batteries for my Senton 4x4 V3 BLX and stumbled upon SMC's Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO) batteries. I'm new to hobby grade vehicles and have been doing my research the last several weeks and haven't heard much of the term LCO or it mentioned in my Senton or Venom charger manual.

Are LCOs charged the same way as a lithium polymer (LiPo)? I want to make sure this battery type is compatible with my Venom Pro Duo Charger. If not, I'll remove them from my potential buy list.

Last edited:
So not sure what advantage they would give based on a cursory search:

“The LCO battery has drawbacks in having a low life span, and a relatively low safety performance at hot and cold temperatures.”

Source

Are you maybe referring to their LCG (Low Center of Gravity) packs?

These LCO batteries fall into the Lithium Ion category of batteries and in general shouldn't be used for RC. (my opinion)

https://owlcation.com/stem/Comparing-6-Lithium-ion-Battery-Types

Lithium Cobalt Oxide has a high specific energy as compared to the other batteries which makes it the preferred choice for laptops and mobile phones. It also has a low cost and a moderate performance. However, it is highly unfavorable in all the other aspects when compared to the other lithium-ion batteries. It has a low specific power, low safety, and a low lifespan.

Plenty of other 2s LiPos out there for the same price point.
These LiCo batteries have low specific power, low safety, and a low lifespan. None are qualities you want!

Here is an example of a better deal (assuming you have Amazon prime and can solder on your own connectors.)
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-5200mAh-Battery-Vehicles-Airplane/dp/B08DCYVHSF/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2YCWT42AVUVWC&dchild=1&keywords=2s+5200mah+lipo+battery&qid=1611174574&sprefix=2s+5200,aps,194&sr=8-15

Idk if I would even run those in a brushed 1/10 scale 2wd buggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back