Notorious Little runtime or none...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kusher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Notorious
  4. Voltage
so I tried to do some snow bashing but everything I do not 30 seconds into it my rig does the cutoff like battery is dead. But considering I achecked them before I went out im confuse as m to why I get no runtime whatsoever. I get rhe cold will drop it but none altogether? I'm confused. ANy thoughts ??🤔

It doesn't shut off completely but like going in to lvc. Everything was working normal before I went out and 30 seconds into it just went flat. I checked the battery one was at 7.55 other was 7.43. That shouldn't make it do thst should it? No I didn't unplug servo. Lights were doing normal esc nothing odd about that part. It did it to me on 2 2s and 2 3s. When I checked 3s yesterday they were still at 65% today fully charged. So I'm stumped. Would unplugging servo help maybe should I try?

The battery adaptors were my weak link. Broke two with just lite bashing. Swapped to xt90s problem gone. Those adaptors suck. The solder in them makes the wire brittle. And they can and will break. And give the exact symptoms.

On my batteries I have xt60s. Ut still the ic5 on the rig itself i have adapters to run everything with the truck cause I didn't wNt to void warranty just yet after shelling out so much for it lol. But it could be the cold too. Not sure?

It doesn't shut off completely but like going in to lvc. Everything was working normal before I went out and 30 seconds into it just went flat. I checked the battery one was at 7.55 other was 7.43. That shouldn't make it do thst should it? No I didn't unplug servo. Lights were doing normal esc nothing odd about that part. It did it to me on 2 2s and 2 3s. When I checked 3s yesterday they were still at 65% today fully charged. So I'm stumped. Would unplugging servo help maybe should I try?
Was this after running the car or before?

What are the individual cells in the batteries reading after the run? Were they balanced? Did you balance charge them? Do you have 2 other batteries you can try?

I'm just starting with the simplest possible problem to rule them out.

What are the individual cells in the batteries reading after the run? Were they balanced? Did you balance charge them? Do you have 2 other batteries you can try?

I'm just starting with the simplest possible problem to rule them out.
Yes to all . The 2s were at 7.55 and 7.43 when that happened. I did balance charge all the other day. It happened on 2 different sets of batts.

Yes to all . The 2s were at 7.55 and 7.43 when that happened. I did balance charge all the other day. It happened on 2 different sets of batts.
That's the total voltage. I was curious about the individual cells to see if one had a bad cell since one battery had considerably lower voltage than the other. Depending on your charger, it should display the individual cells when you plug the balance cable in. Or get a lipo battery checker.

They were matched one was at 3.6 and other 3.7 .ill check right now I have not had power to charge them .
Sorry its cold here still no power i only checked the 3s and it re ad 12.4. Each had 4.1 per cell.

Try the servo thing, plenty of issues with the stock servo, seems like a bad batch. It will drag down your power going to the receiver and the ESC will report loss of signal which can look like LVC.

If you ahve another servo, try running with that. Nothing seems wrong with your battery setup.

I do have one in my bigrock. Its down right now waiting on new chassis. But considering the weather/mail is hindering that at the moment. So that I can do easily if thsts the problem.

One thing you could check before swapping. Turn it on and listen to the ESC fan, if it bogs down when using the servo that is your clue to a bad servo.
Hard to hear though. Keep in mind that you had to run for 30s i.e. servo might overheat and not immediately noticeable.

One thing you could check before swapping. Turn it on and listen to the ESC fan, if it bogs down when using the servo that is your clue to a bad servo.
Hard to hear though. Keep in mind that you had to run for 30s i.e. servo might overheat and not immediately noticeable.
Funny you say that, thats what lead me to believe one failed a few years back, and it was bad..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back