locked center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Does anyone know of a way to temporarily lock the center diff? I know I red somewhere about adding or changing the gears placement to lock the movement of the internls but cant find where I saw that.
Does anyone know of some "trick/hack" to do it?
I don't want to get a spool as this may just be a temp thing.
Thanks in advance🤙

Silicone ear plugs
so they lock it completely or just a lot?

Oh this is the best I can to to thank you for your help right now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
04f1c134-c1d4-4dc6-aac4-df408b8b91e6.jpg

so they lock it completely or just a lot?

Oh this is the best I can to to thank you for your help right now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 203821

If you pack the diff properly, they'll lock it completely. If you want to test what a spool would be like, that's about as close as you can get without welding spider gears. If you want to see kind of a "best of both worlds" center diff, run 1M+ fluid. It gives you most of the benefits of a spool and just enough diff action that you don't sacrifice much in the way of handling.

If you pack the diff properly, they'll lock it completely. If you want to test what a spool would be like, that's about as close as you can get without welding spider gears. If you want to see kind of a "best of both worlds" center diff, run 1M+ fluid. It gives you most of the benefits of a spool and just enough diff action that you don't sacrifice much in the way of handling.
Thanks I'll give it shot.
The reason for the trial is to see if I want 2wd or 4wd for my build. I have ribbed tires up front so traction will be minimal and if it runs fine without the front drive then it goes bye bye permanently.

I put this in all my diffs..thickest I've found

View attachment 203845
Thanks. I have used that dro day one in my center diff after watching a video from amain while still thinking about buying a kraton
Have been told it's too heavy for the K6 but I don't think so. It still gives too much for my test. I'll stuff the poop out of it with earplugs I think.

A diff will still have slip,get hot ,fluid will be thin an slipper till it melts.ive done it with mojave.spool or fully locked diff for 2wd

A diff will still have slip,get hot ,fluid will be thin an slipper till it melts.ive done it with mojave.spool or fully locked diff for 2wd
So stuffed with earplugs wont be a good way to test how a locked diff would be?
I would get a spool before I glue it but just need to test first which is why I wanted temporary.

So stuffed with earplugs wont be a good way to test how a locked diff would be?
I would get a spool before I glue it but just need to test first which is why I wanted temporary.
Probly be okay,just keep eye on diff cup temps...I've seen them over 150 degrees.it'll actually melt a plastic diff cup,

I run 20 million in all my rc,speedcars,bashers ,whatever.it'll never seep out like thinner fluid.most my problems would be from losing fluid,getting hot an self destrusting..outdrives would wallder out from heat.after I started useing 20 mill lot less problems an matenence..

I get why people stay away from the center diff having 20mill but if it still moves it still works.
The f/r is where it really matters. imo
Are you trying to make it RWD temporarily?
If so, why not a center spool and remove the front dog bone.
I don't know yet which is why I want to test it 1st.
If I do decide with 2wd then Ill do just that.

@N.Mango If you can send me some of that Zippy's Loco Moco my way it would be much appreciated.

Edit: and some Laulau from Kenekes in Waimanalo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back