Locking Wheel Nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Increase your torque spec, thousand dollar rig and no torque wrench??

40 ft-lbs on my 17mm hex, never lost a wheel nut and own 3 Mojave which nobody can keep on apparently 🤔

Blue loctite
Not a bad idea, I have some on hand that I could give a try.
I have the M2C double locking nuts on my Mojave wheels, they work beautifully. I'm glad M2C has a similar product for the K8. I wouldn't mind replacing the factory nuts with those for sure.

40 ft-lbs on my 17mm hex, never lost a wheel nut and own 3 Mojave which nobody can keep on apparently 🤔
Actually I do have a torque wrench.

Yeah I can’t answer why Arrma didn’t do any testing on assembly before selling RTRs. Just hopes and dreams that stuff stayed together!

New improved mojo wheels really helped that issue.

I’ve never ran the fortress wheels on them, probably why 😂

Can confirm.
I crank my Mojave wheel nuts with a foot long wrench and i don't loose wheels. Never thought of using my torque wrench, though.
Good one.
i do use the torque setting on my cordless drill/screwdriver on the Traxxas Slash hexes.

I know I'm a fat ass but damn you guys make me feel like the hulk out here. I've never had a wheel come off in my life and I tighten them all by hand. I used to think I was doing them too tight as I've cracked 1 or 2 wheels in my day. Never even had a mojave wheel come off either though.

17mm 6-pt shallow socket, Hell I use a 1/2” drive 18V impact at the track. Couple braps on and off!

TEKTON 3/8 Inch Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench (10-80 ft.-lb.) 24330 https://a.co/d/7FyA0ju

I've never had a wheel come off
Me either. I use an impact to take them off and hand tighten when putting them back on. I have been seeing people lose wheel nuts left and right on YT and hear about it all the time on the forum but never happened to me once. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe don't be a puss when hand tightening?? 😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back