Locktite-less is more and torque wrenches exist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Doing my first real tear down and 90% of these screws are WAY too tight with WAY too much Loctite on them, and now I stripped the grub screw on the pinion. Just a tiny touch of Loctite is all you ever need and torque wrenches exist for a reason, I’m also switching out all screws for torx (after I drill out this pinion put on by baron von waytootight)

Attachments

• E9FC2A6A-F283-4242-AC98-A9F2A7157F55.jpeg
    E9FC2A6A-F283-4242-AC98-A9F2A7157F55.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 55
one of the things Arrma does that I cant stand, their obsession with loctite.. especially red loctite on grub screws. I have had this happen, it sucks. If it was any component but the motor I would say stick it in the oven for 20 mins at 400 degrees.. That has always worked for me with stuck bolts and grub screws but not a good idea with a motor. Good luck with the drill

one of the things Arrma does that I cant stand, their obsession with loctite.. especially red loctite on grub screws. I have had this happen, it sucks. If it was any component but the motor I would say stick it in the oven for 20 mins at 400 degrees.. That has always worked for me with stuck bolts and grub screws but not a good idea with a motor. Good luck with the drill
Small pencil torch works well for a pinion. I've used it on mine a few times. Also works to get the center diff cups off without having so much flame you burn the bulkhead.

I hate the red loctite!!!!!! HATE it!!

Doing my first real tear down and 90% of these screws are WAY too tight with WAY too much Loctite on them, and now I stripped the grub screw on the pinion. Just a tiny touch of Loctite is all you ever need and torque wrenches exist for a reason, I’m also switching out all screws for torx (after I drill out this pinion put on by baron von waytootight)
Baron Von Waytootight that is effing hilarious. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I had the same experience just today where Arrma used the red and it was a pain to remove. What is the best way to clean loctite off once you get a screw off to clean the screw itself and in inner threads it screws into? Or can you just add new over the old...

I had the same experience just today where Arrma used the red and it was a pain to remove. What is the best way to clean loctite off once you get a screw off to clean the screw itself and in inner threads it screws into? Or can you just add new over the old...
Easiest thing I have found is a tap and dye. Everything else you need to soak them for a while. 2 most common sized are M3 and M4 I cannot remember the thread pitch off the top of my head though.

Baron von Waytotight hits a lot of things. I love HF. So thats another tool Ill get. In the event of items not being able to be retapped what chemical is being used? Or did I misunderstand that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back