Kraton Loctite on servo screw: yes/no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bscheife

Reaction score
New K6S, fixed endpoints and centred servo, but now I have a question: Do y’all use loctite on the screw that holds the servo arm onto the servo, or do you worry about the loctite making it’s way into the servo that way and gunking it up from the inside

Yes.
The tiniest smear of Blue TL on the last few threads is good to do. So the screw wont loosen up and strip out the servos output spline. Yes this is standard to do with metal output shafts. The servo arm gets a lot of torque in this area and can easily loosen. Metal on metal gets TL in general.
Tip: Be careful you don't use a VERY long servo screw. It will ruin the Potentiometer directly below the output gear where the screw goes into.
Let the TL cure for 24 hours before use!!!!!

Last edited:
I use the cheap blue loctite from Harbor Freight on my servo horn screw, as well as a little bit on my wheel nuts. I find it adds a bit of resistance to prevent fasteners from backing out without putting up a real fight when I want to remove them. I use the Loctite branded red stuff on things I want basically permanently affixed, as intended.

I use blue on my gas airplanes servos. Cars and trucks I don't bother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back