Typhon Loctite on the motor and pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgwild1717

Reaction score
Soooo after grabbing the 3s typhon I went to swap pinions and wow, that sumnbish I'd on there! Gonna grab a better bit for a ratchet and go at it tomorrow with a torch lol. Any advice lol

Heating up with a torch or soldering iron should loosen the thread lock.

But make sure you have a high-quality driver before you torque on it too hard. If the hex strips you are going to have a bad time.

There are some pinion removal tools on Amazon but I've never used one.

Heating up with a torch or soldering iron should loosen the thread lock.

But make sure you have a high-quality driver before you torque on it too hard. If the hex strips you are going to have a bad time.

There are some pinion removal tools on Amazon but I've never used one.
Ima grab a hex socket and use a ratchet and extension after I hit it with a soldering iron. I tried using a small torch and my cool rc tools but I don't wanna strip it

Ima grab a hex socket and use a ratchet and extension after I hit it with a soldering iron. I tried using a small torch and my cool rc tools but I don't wanna strip it
Man, are you going to strip the grub screw if you’re not careful. Torch is the best way to get the pinion off because a lot of times there’s excessive locktite that actually sticks it to the motor shaft. It’s OK to heat that thing up quite a bit. Then let it cool, once the Loctite is heated up enough it’s done. Just might take a little bit. You definitely need to use a good 2 mm driver. The cheap ones will strip it. I know that MIP are expensive, but these Neewer have been really good for me this last year. I use them much of the time and my MIPs for more fine work.

Neewer - Set of 4 Hexagonal Screwdrivers Made of Titanium Nitride with Coloured Handles.Compatible with 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3mm Screws. https://a.co/d/aAZMkW3

BAE96D0F-2FCB-43ED-B0D7-5333E72FBC84.png

Man, are you going to strip the grub screw if you’re not careful. Torch is the best way to get the pinion off because a lot of times there’s excessive locktite that actually sticks it to the motor shaft. It’s OK to heat that thing up quite a bit. Then let it cool, once the Loctite is heated up enough it’s done. Just might take a little bit. You definitely need to use a good 2 mm driver. The cheap ones will strip it. I know that MIP are expensive, but these Neewer have been really good for me this last year. I use them much of the time and my MIPs for more fine work.

Neewer - Set of 4 Hexagonal Screwdrivers Made of Titanium Nitride with Coloured Handles.Compatible with 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3mm Screws. https://a.co/d/aAZMkW3

View attachment 259071
I've had that set for 3 years now and still going strong.

View attachment 259071
I'm pretty sure I could get the pinions grub screw with a regular driver it's the mount bolts that are the prob

I'm pretty sure I could get the pinions grub screw with a regular driver it's the mount bolts that are the prob
Oh, got it. Tip of a soldering iron on each bolt head for 10 minutes or more should do it. Pull off the plastic case before to make sure it doesn’t accidentally get burned. I do not like to use grub screws or motor mount bolts more than once. I also get rid of button heads and use cap heads. Make sure you put a washer underneath each motor mount bolt when you put it back together and definitely use a dab of loctite. Good luck bud.
I've had that set for 3 years now and still going strong.
Yup, you’re the one that told me about them. I’ll always appreciate that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back