Loctite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue gel I have also. Its expensive and you go through more in the end. LT 243 seems fine right now. 242 ok also, 243 works great on used hardware that's been loctited before and dirty or oily. Some say overkill and specs say 1/4" or larger, the 243 is strong enough for motor mounts and pinions and high load setscrews, and can also be used on lighter load areas. Best all around. I do use Red on my motor pinion grub and diff input cups. The setscrews get worn easily and need Red if you want to keep using the same one. I still do that. I can see what a loose motor set screw can do damage wise to expensive spurs gears. To each his own. As long as it is blue "something", you are good to go. I have a collection of diff. LT.
On my Lc Racing vehicles I had to red loctite the diff pinions and diff cup grub screws on otherwise they would back out, the diff cups were just annoying but the diff pinions caused damage sure only $5 in damage but still tedious to replace the diffs gears.

I bought the blue stick and prefer it most of the time. It goes on thicker than gel. Seems to be holding just fine.

I use blue gel on most things and now use the orange on things I want to stay put that I don't want to use fire for. I still use red on diff cap screws (when the cases are alloy).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back